DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #1
Tim Lodge

Default E-Commerce Ideas Please

Hi Everyone

It seems a long time since I last visited this Forum. I'm still alive and still working on websites, although perhaps a little less frantically than before!

Up to this point in my web design career [if I can call it that!], I've managed to avoid implementing a shopping cart system, but it looks as though I'm now going to have to do one. One of my existing clients has set up a new venture - a publishing company that will publish a novel he has written. He has, incidentally, had two previous novels published by Hodder & Stoughton, so it's not just a vanity project. He has just set up a merchant account with Streamline, so he will be able to take credit card payments by phone and letter, but he also wants to take online orders.

It seems most sensible to use an existing package. My hosting provider recommends OSCommerce. Wouldn't that be overkill as we only have one product line?

Tim

Tim Lodge

Last edited by Tim Lodge; 01-23-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: to correct typo
Tim Lodge is offline   Reply With Quote