Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > How to Use the Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2005, 05:09 PM   #2
Andrew B.
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterArnel
Have I missed something when setting up - Can I get notification of replies to threads by email - like what it was before (great English that bit)
When you reply to a message using the full editor, look at the controls on the panel below the editor window at "Thread Subscription, Notification Type." You have a choice for how frequently you will be emailed the message with a link. You can also change the default value for this setting in your user control panel.

You can also subscribe to a thread without posting to it. While viewing any message in a thread, look above the message area on the right. There is a "Thread Tools" drop down menu, where you can subscribe to the thread.

And if that is not enough, you can also subscribe to an entire forum, with "forum" meaning a discussion section. Such as this one. You do this via "Forum Tools," which appears in place of "Thread Tools" when you are viewing the list of messages in a forum. But with this, you don't receive the messages. You are notified when new posts appear in a topic, or new topics are posted.

Also check the area of your user control panel called "List Subscriptions." This provides additional controls for handling your subscriptions. I sometimes get lost in there, but I still think it's a useful feature.

...Andrew
Andrew B. is offline   Reply With Quote