DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Design

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #1
Hugh Wyn Griffith

Default Long-running script problems with IE11

Reading the posts here made me realize that here was a good place to ask, from the point of view of a user of the internet, not a web-designer or site owner, about the "long running script errors" that keep on cropping up on certain websites and about the "Adobe Flash Player needed" error stopping live webcams from loading when IE has the latest Flash Player listed in its add-ons.

The long running script error comes up on many sites and it occurs to me that it might be the consequence of using an ad-blocker (AdFender in my case) if it was stopping ads from loading.

The Flash Player block comes up particularly on Service Dog Project that is hosted by explore.org that I think uses Disqus (as does Paul Thurrott?)

The most I can get from over-qualified experts on CompuServe is "forget about IE" or "tell the website to update itself"

It is true that the Flash Player block does not seem to crop up with Firefox and while I don't mind using it, my wife finds even small changes in how to do what she did before a stumbling block and FF does present itself with a slightly different layout.

Me being me, I'd like to know just what does need updating, if that's the trigger, either with IE (which is out of everyone's hands) or with websites that have the problem. With Service Dog Project/Explore.org there's a good chance that someone will listen to me if there are specifics I can point to.

????????????

Hugh
Hugh Wyn Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote