DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Print Design

Old 01-25-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
ladyjedi

Default IDCS2 printing/PDFing bottom margin problem

Hello,

Another newbie here! I've just started working with In Design CS2 for the first time for a work project. I have a handle on the program itself; however, printing and PDFing is giving me a problem. Whenever I go to print or pdf my document, the bottom of my page is being cut off. I've never run into this problem with other files coming out of Word, Excel, etc.

It seems that maybe a quarter inch is what is being cut off. My bottom margin is set at .1944. I can maybe see if this was a left or right margin because of how the paper is being held in the printer... but not the bottom. Especially when PDFing. Usually the PDF will get the entire page even past the typical margins for me. At least that's my experience with Word documents.

Any advice on what might be happening? I'm on Mac OSX if that makes any difference.

Should I just give in to In Design and raise that bottom margin (which looks stupid I think since the top one works haha)?

Thanks!! Let me know if you need any other information from me. I have no idea what I might be missing or if it's even an In Design thing.
ladyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
roaryg

How are you making the pdf? I'm on OSX and usually export pdf from InDesign. Choose the "press quality" setting and it should work fine (alter this to "embed all fonts"). However, you can adjust the page size in there if you need to.
roaryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
bmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaryg View Post
How are you making the pdf? I'm on OSX and usually export pdf from InDesign. Choose the "press quality" setting and it should work fine (alter this to "embed all fonts"). However, you can adjust the page size in there if you need to.
I agree. Using the File > Export method will export the whole page automatically. It's only when you File > Print and choose Acrobat PDF as the printer that it asks you what page size to use. If you go that route make sure to select the correct page size and you can even see in the little preview box if it won't fit.
bmann is offline   Reply With Quote