DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Old 01-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
Andrew B.
Staff

Default Hospital

Went into hospital with pneumonia Thursday. On Monday I was so bad I was wondering if I would make it. But that passed. I'm home now. Back to the level where I was a couple weeks ago, which is not good, but not too scary.

I need oxygen etc. Very tired. But still here.

Old 01-23-2020, 02:31 PM   #2
terrie
Staff

Wow!!!

I don't suppose you've been to Wuhan lately???

Sorry...couldn't resist...'-}}

I'm glad you are home and recovering. Is pneumonia viral or bacterial--I know the Wuhan strain is viral but I'm not sure if all pneumonia is viral? If viral, are there any meds you are on?

Fingers cross you will be feeling stronger soon...

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 01-24-2020 at 01:59 PM. Reason: fix a typo
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
Andrew B.
Staff

I have online access to my medical tests. They gave more than one type of test for the Corona virus. I was surprised they had this up and running so fast.

Old 01-24-2020, 08:05 AM   #4
Steve Rindsberg
Staff

Impressive!

Best wishes for a very fast recovery.

And I hereby grant you permission to give Terrie a v-smack if she makes you laugh; coming off the back end of pneumonia, laughing --> coughing --> PAIN

www.pptools.com
and stuff
Steve Rindsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
terrie
Staff

Quote:
andrew: They gave more than one type of test for the Corona virus. I was surprised they had this up and running so fast.
From what I've read in the news about corona virus, I'm not surprised--it's been a couple of weeks at this point and they learned from SARS and MERS I think...

Terrie
Old 01-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #6
terrie
Staff

Quote:
steve: And I hereby grant you permission to give Terrie a v-smack if she makes you laugh; coming off the back end of pneumonia, laughing --> coughing --> PAIN
I don't know...I don't think what I wrote deserves more than a very mild chuckle...'-}}

Terrie
Old 01-24-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B. View Post
Went into hospital with pneumonia Thursday. On Monday I was so bad I was wondering if I would make it. But that passed. I'm home now. Back to the level where I was a couple weeks ago, which is not good, but not too scary.

I need oxygen etc. Very tired. But still here.
Hope you're feeling a lot better soon, Andrew.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:28 PM   #8
terrie
Staff

Hey Ann...

What's happening with the fires in/around your place? From what I've read, your area is not directly in the path of the fires? Hope so...

Terrie
Old 01-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #9
annc
Sysop

Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Hey Ann...

What's happening with the fires in/around your place? From what I've read, your area is not directly in the path of the fires? Hope so...

Terrie
We've been safe here, Terrie, but my brother on the Sunshine Coast north of here was evacuated at one stage. He was lucky, because people not too far away were evacuated three times!

So sad that three brave American aircrew died when their water bombing large tanker (a Hercules) crashed while fighting a blaze in southern New South Wales.

Old 01-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #10
annc
Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrie View Post
Hey Ann...

Terrie
We had weeks of smoke haze a couple of months ago, Terrie, and it has been very dry here since about May last year, but in the past few weeks, we've had some good rain and we now have lots of green grass that has to be mown, and humidity up in the high 70% range.

My brother was forced to evacuate during a bushfire in his town of Peregian just north of here on the Sunshine Coast a few months ago. It was a fire that had been deliberately lit, and other areas of his town were evacuated twice more.

We just had the smoke haze. I'll see if I can load a photo I took of the sun showing the smoke haze effects close to my house.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smoky sun.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	2091