Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
annc's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Subtropical Queensland, Australia, between the mountains and the Coral Sea
Posts: 4,480
Default It's true!

The letter 'e' is the most commonly used in the English language. I just noticed that my Mac keyboard has quite a hole gouged in the surface where my fingernail has been pounding into it for two and a half years. Being self-taught on an old Remington manual typewriter, I tend to hammer the keys with the tops of my fingers; and as I have good strong fingernails that get trimmed somewhat infrequently, the most-used key is showing the effects of much use. The 's' and 'd' keys may be showing the beginnings of some damage, but it's very minor.

I've never seen this on any previous keyboards, so it must be partly the result of the type of material on the standard white Mac Pro Keyboard. My older black key Pro keyboard, currently attached to the IBM ThinkPad, shows no damage at all.

annc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sloped romans vs true italics ktinkel Fonts & Typography 6 12-14-2006 08:29 AM
Windows True Type on Mac OSX bmann Fonts & Typography 21 07-03-2006 03:49 PM
Please tell me this isn't true! Robin Springall Print Design 10 02-24-2005 12:00 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Contents copyright 2004–2019 Desktop Publishing Forum and its members.