DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Web Site Building & Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
dacoyle

Location: Arlington, VA (across the river from Washington, DC)
Default CSS positioning help

Folks, I'm still new to absolute/relative positioning, etc. After a LOT of trial and error, I have a template nearly ready at http://www.maryhynes.org/template.html

It works perfectly in Firefox and Opera, but in IE there's a huge gap between the content area and the footer. Anyone have any idea why?

I had to use negative values just to get it to work in FF and Opera, which may be part of the problem. Without using positioning, the main content area starts after all of the nav buttons. FYI, the negative values fixed the margin above the content area; they seem to have no effect on the footer.

Any help appreciated.

FYI, while this is another campaign, for the FIRST time I'm being paid and quite well assuming we win the primary (there probably won't be one) and the November election, a very good chance here for this party. I set up a tiered fee system, 25% down, 25% in June, and 50% after we win. After 40 hours, total, in kind donation kicks in. The latest candidate found that quite fair.