Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #1
Default Compuserve Forums

I'm sure a handful of you here were originally Compuserve members. As a user in the late 80s, then again in the 90s, I followed DTP over here mainly as it was a good place to get help with Corel suite. But this forum was also one of the primary places on Compuserve to talk about web technology such as HTML, CSS and even Javascript back in the day.

Despite its slowing traffic, I have continued to visit periodically, particularly the Microsoft Office forum where Bill Manville has helped me repeatedly with Access and VBA questions. The great thing about that forum is that you don't have people slamming you for not knowing--Or posting in the the wrong place or getting the "We've already answered that elsewhere" or the "Google is your friend." Don't you think I've already searched for the answer? (I'm looking at you, Stack Overflow/StackExchange).

Anywho, just popped into the forums to check on the MS Office Forum guys only to find this notice:

The Forums have been removed
Dear Forum friends and family,
We regret to inform you that the Forums were removed from the CompuServe service on December 15, 2017. For more than two decades, the CompuServe Forums paved the way for online discussions on a wide variety of topics and we appreciate all of the participation and comments you have provided over the years.
All of your email, news, weather, sports, and entertainment information will remain available to you after this change. We are constantly evaluating the content and services that are available through the service, and look forward to bringing you new content and services in the future.
This is, of course, not unexpected, but I have no idea where the MS Office Forum has gone. I'm reaching out to Bill to see if he regularly participates in a different forum, but we'll just have to see. If anyone knows of a good, friendly place to get help with MS Office, particularly VBA questions I'd love to know about it.
CarlSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote