DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2019, 05:55 PM   #28
terrie
Staff

I Made an interesting discovery today. I have started to work with Reflect on an HP ProBook Win7/Pro laptop (purchased at MicroCenter in 2014).

I had no problems creating the Reflect rescue media (a DVD and a USB2 thumb/flash drive) and both tested successfully using HP's Esc > F9 to access boot override list. I ran into an issue when trying to image the system--4 partitions of which 3 are HP "controlled" (Recovery and Tools and another very small partition) and one is the C:\ drive for a total of 86.09GB.

I wanted to use my 3TB Fantom drive as the destination drive and that turned out to be problematic as the imaging process threw an error "Backup aborted - failed to create Volume Snapshot" with an error code of 0x8004230f along with "ErrorText: VSS_E_Bad_State". I did a browser search on "vss_e_bad_state" (no quotes) and one of the first search results was a Macrium Reflect knowledgebase entry which stated "...and are typically found only in sizes of 1TB or above." so I decided to see if my old 1TB external drive would work and, forutnately it did.

I have another Win7/Pro HP ProBook that I will be working on with Reflect and that laptop was purchased in 2016 (from MicroCenter) so I'm will be able to test to see if my 3TB Fantom drive will work with this newer system. I'll report back on how the imaging goes on that 2016 laptop.

Terrie

Last edited by terrie; 06-20-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Update post, remove old PDF
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote