DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > General Publishing Topics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 AM   #1
Mike
Staff

Default Placing images in inDesign

I'm producing a book which contains a couple of dozen photos. I've placed them either at the top or foot of the appropriate page - or at least, the page where I was told to put them.

Now the author & publisher keeps changing their minds about which photos they want and they are producing new ones to be inserted.

Of course, every time I moved or insert a picture the text all moves and I have to get out the original instruction sheet and manually move all the subsequent pictures to be in an appropriate place. This happens every time they insert or delete a photo and frequently when they move one.

I'd like to be able to anchor the photos and captions to, say, a paragraph and have them automatically placed at the top or bottom of the appropriate page. I seem to remember doing that in FrameMaker but I've not been able to work out how to do it with inDesign CS3. Is it possible?

Of course, every time I do this I also have to go through and check/reassign the master pages and try to keep the whole thing contained within a multiple of 32 pages allowing for an index of unknown length. Oh, the joys of typesetting...

www.welshframing.com
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote