DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2016, 11:57 AM   #38
terrie
Staff

I did a bit of research yesterday and basically, the error message indicates that the profile is corrupted.

You might want to read through How to Fix the Error "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a temporary profile." in Vista and Windows 7 as there is quite a bit of useful info there and you may be able to recover the problematic user profile.

If you can't recover the problematic user profile using the info from the above link, the next question is, which user profile is giving you the error? If it's the newly duplicated user profile, then try logging in to the original user profile--the one that you were copying, the originating-userprofile. If that is successful, I'd suggest trying the process again from the beginning.

That is, create 2 new Admin-level user profiles, reboot, log in to the first new profile to establish is properly, reboot, log in to the second new profile to establish is properly. Decide which one of the new Admin-level user profiles will be your working-userprofile and work from Step III in the process. If everything goes well, then you can later delete the other two user profiles you had created when you tried the process the first time.

Hope that helps...let me know how it goes...

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote