DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > The Corner Pub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #5
Kayza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Rindsberg View Post

Set up the office, or whatever you use for an office, with a good light, microphone and video camera for virtual meetings (is there any other kind lately?). Give attention to the background. Mine's hopeless so I just let Zoom blur it out but some of my colleagues have attractive backgrounds or just very neat, attractive offices. Looks more professional.

Video camera: I've been using a spare cel phone and a program called CAMO (on both the phone and the computer). It lets me use the cel (a spare one in this case) as my video camera. My VERY high quality video camera.
Unless you have unusual needs, a good web cam is fine, especially for the video. If the sound situation is more tricky, like if you are in a shared space, a good headset with a noise cancelling mike works for most people. If you are doing stuff that needs REALLY good audio (more like podcasts) then you would need a separate mike.

If your office setup doesn't allow for a good background, find a good virtual background to use in you meeting app. I think all the major players let you use a background. If you have a logo, you could even use that, but if not, just a decent "office" background is fine.
Kayza is offline   Reply With Quote