DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Hardware & Gadgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Kayza

Default Color Printer

We need to get a color printer, and I'm beginning to suspect that I may need two of them, because one is not going to do everything I need.

The big issue is that I need to print cards with a textured finish, and from all I can see, I'm going to need an inkjet for that. HP told me that the recommended usage for the one they would most highly recommend is about half of what I had asked for. We don't do 1500 pages each month, but it does happen often enough, and 600-900 also, that I don't want something intended to handle 750 a month.

We do cards bi-monthly - I thing it's generally a run of 40-50 cards. The rest of the time it's flyers and handouts and things like that.

The two models that HP recommended were the HP Business Inkjet 2800 and, as first choice - the Officejet 7000.

Any feedback on these printers? Get one of the (maybe the 2800) and a laser for everything else? Any other models I should look at?

I'm open to any other suggestions as well. I've had good experience with HP, and very bad experience with Xerox. So, Xerox is out, but I will look at other models.

Thanks!
Kayza is offline   Reply With Quote