DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #2
terrie
Staff

Quote:
andrew: When I sent to a yahoo email address is won't accept the email.
My guess is that Yahoo is unhappy with the domain because if it were just the name portion of the email address, you could change the namet (easily?) since it's your own domain--say, from "harry@mydomain" to "george@mydomain"???

>>I have a vague memory of relaying an email from from one email address by sending it from a different email address.

Yes you can IF!!!! (and only IF!!!) you are using your own domain as the smtp point--given how you've described the issue, I'm not sure you will be able to get this to work but...let me describe what I did not all that long ago.

I did in in Thunderbird because it's a bit easier but you can also do it in Eudora:

Thunderbird:

1. Tools > Account Settings and highlight the account in question.

2. Near the bottom of the 1st screen for the account, you should see the "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" drop down menu.

3. Choose your-domain's SMTP entry from the list of available SMTP entries--I have 5 that I've created for my various email accounts: one for my mail.com email account, one for my verizon email account, one for my own domain's email account(s), one for my compuserve.com email account, etc.

4. You shouldn't need to do muck with the SMTP settings but if you want to double check them, then scroll down from the account to the bottom of the Account Settings window to the "Outgoing Server (smtp)" section and you can then check/modify any of the SMTP settings for whatever accounts you have...

Eudora:
Personalities > highlight the Personality that's probelmatic > right-click, choose Properties > Generic Properties tab:

-- SMTP Server: I would change from "smtp.csi.com" to my domain's SMTP values--let's say that my domain is "abc.com" and my SMTP is "mail.abc.com"

-- User Name: change to my domain userid (NOT! my compuserve userid)

The password for the Personality needs to be changed (Special > Forget Paswords is not (necessarily) a global command, you can select individual passwords to be forgotten).

Does the person with the Yahoo address have another address you might be able to send to?

Terrie
terrie is offline   Reply With Quote