DTP

Lively discussions on the graphic arts and publishing — in print or on the web

Go Back   Desktop Publishing Forum > General Discussions > How to Use the Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
gilly56

Default InDesign 2-color output

I've just upgraded to CS4 and Snow Leopard on a Mac 8-core, and a 2-color job which I sent to offset print keeps RIP'ing to cmyk. My printer has never seen this before, and neither have I. When I check the info on the pdf it shows as 2-color; when I look at the grayscale images in photoshop they are grayscale (the colors are black and pms 350). The duotones in photoshop show up as duotones. I've been doing this for 20 years (although I was using Quark up until last year). I am stumped. The printer has run my files for about 5 years now and we've never seen this problem. I'd say it was his RIP, but he ran another file that he created in 2-color and it worked perfectly. He does have to convert my InDesign to an eps and send it through quark, because that what his RIP needs. Could that be the problem? Or are there some settings in InDesign that I should adjust?
gilly56 is offline   Reply With Quote