PDA

View Full Version : What kind of smart phone do you use

Andrew B.
02-02-2020, 11:05 PM
I think the title says it all: What kind of smart phone do you use. Assuming you have a smart phone. I just got a Samsung Galaxy A10e?

Barrie Greed
02-03-2020, 02:49 AM
Andrew

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Neo which I have had for a couple of years now. I know very little about mobile phones so have no idea how it compares with a Galaxy 10e.

Barrie Greed

Bo Aakerstrom
02-03-2020, 07:10 AM
Mine is a Nokia 7+. A mid range phone which I've had for a while and I'm very happy with it.

Steve Rindsberg
02-03-2020, 08:40 AM
Ancient iPhone 5. It does what I want, though it seems ever more slowly. People accuse Apple of doing this deliberately; Apple says it's to save battery power, others suspect it's a way to get people to upgrade. I haven't decided whether "upgrade" will mean a newer Apple phone or jumping AppleShip entirely.

terrie
02-03-2020, 01:23 PM
Steve...

I thought Apple was supposed to replace the battery for free (or reduced price)?

Terrie

Steve Rindsberg
02-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Replacement depends on the model, I think, and I don't know if replacement overrides Apple's "Let's 'help' this user by slowing down his phone" "feature".

Andrew B.
02-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Ancient iPhone 5. It does what I want, though it seems ever more slowly. People accuse Apple of doing this deliberately; Apple says it's to save battery power, others suspect it's a way to get people to upgrade. I haven't decided whether "upgrade" will mean a newer Apple phone or jumping AppleShip entirely.

FWIW, my phone has a feature for me to throttle it back.

terrie
02-04-2020, 01:21 PM
steve: and I don't know if replacement overrides Apple's "Let's 'help' this user by slowing down his phone" "feature". Knowing what I know of Apple, probably not...

Terrie

Kayza
02-04-2020, 05:20 PM
FWIW, my phone has a feature for me to throttle it back.

There is a difference between giving you that option so you can decide between performance and battery life, and the phone just doing it for me. I would NOT want my phone throttled - and I'm prepared for a situation where I'm not at an outlet for long enough to run my battery down.

Andrew B.
02-04-2020, 09:41 PM
I agree.

Steve Rindsberg
02-07-2020, 08:12 AM
And I'm in accord with your agreement.