PDA

View Full Version : Real or fake?

annc
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
Take the Real or Fake quiz on this page (http://urbanlegends.about.com) and see how gullible you are.

terrie
07-23-2005, 01:08 PM
That was fun...got a 94%...

Terrie

PS...took me a bit to realize that after you click on your choice, the "correct/incorrect" response to the previous image is above the next image to display...

annc
07-23-2005, 01:18 PM
That was fun...got a 94%...

Terrie

PS...took me a bit to realize that after you click on your choice, the "correct/incorrect" response to the previous image is above the next image to display...Yeah, it took me a while to find that - my first incorrect answer, in fact.

I got 60%. <g>

Did you recognise the last image? It was the one that was circulating (even came in here) a few months ago. It solves Don's steering wheel puzzle.

And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

terrie
07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
>>annc: Did you recognise the last image? It was the one that was circulating (even came in here) a few months ago. It solves Don's steering wheel puzzle.

No...I didn't recognize it at all...

>>And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

That one was just wayyy tooo fake looking...the shark was toooo big...

Terrie

annc
07-23-2005, 03:21 PM
>>And the shark attacks helicopter one, too.

That one was just wayyy tooo fake looking...the shark was toooo big...Yes, I picked it the first time I saw it.

Some of the doctored images had been done quite amateurishly in Photoshop, too.

Susie
07-23-2005, 06:31 PM
I got 60%. <g>

I feel better! I got 60% too. Does that make us gullible?

Susie

annc
07-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I feel better! I got 60% too. Does that make us gullible?

SusieI don't think so, because I at least had most of my errors in the ones that were real.

ktinkel
07-24-2005, 08:04 AM
I don't think so, because I at least had most of my errors in the ones that were real.I did worst of all (those who said, anyway) — 51%. Got an admonishment to practice more.

And I too had errors mostly by thinking the real ones were fake. The only way I feel gullible is in taking the test! <g>

ElyseC
07-24-2005, 01:37 PM
OK, I got 83%. That worm and eye image was pretty icky. On that one I hurried to pick an answer, mostly so I could get past it and get something else on screen quickly! <gag>

annc
07-24-2005, 05:41 PM
OK, I got 83%. That worm and eye image was pretty icky. On that one I hurried to pick an answer, mostly so I could get past it and get something else on screen quickly! <gag>Gee, I thought you enjoyed those sorts of things! ;-)

ElyseC
07-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Gee, I thought you enjoyed those sorts of things! ;-)Yeah, well, impalement injuries (yes, including splinters) and creepy-crawlies getting into and living within living tissue is where I draw the line. <shudder!>

annc
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, well, impalement injuries (yes, including splinters) and creepy-crawlies getting into and living within living tissue is where I draw the line. <shudder!>Oh, so it's just standard surgery you enjoy watching. Things like heart and brain surgery? ;-)

ElyseC
07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
Oh, so it's just standard surgery you enjoy watching. Things like heart and brain surgery? ;-)And more interesting surgery, emergency medicine (as long as impalement injuries are not involved <g>), and reconstructive work.

I must say, however, that there was one episode of Discovery Health channel's Trauma: Life in the E.R. (at least I think that was the program) that had a particularly spectacular case of impalement that I found riveting enough that I had to watch. Oh, I shuddered and winced all the way through, but it was so absolutely incredible that such an injury could be sustained, but the man apparently recovered completely. I forget how it happened, but he ended up with a long, thick chunk of a splintered board or fence post going through him. <shudder> I think that, once I saw the preview of that episode, I'd have no peace until I knew that the outcome was OK. That's why I had to watch. If I hadn't I'd keep replaying the horror of the image of that speared man over and over in my head for a very long time!