PDA

View Full Version : Hip, hip. . .

annc
07-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Hooray for Anne Wright, who has a birthday today.

Hope it's a great one, Anne.

Anne Wright
07-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Ann, Thank you! Since it was also our 28th wedding anniversary, we had a good time. Drove around the country a bit, since we are considering downsizing our farm (from 60 acres to 10 or less), then went out to eat. Since there were no movies we both wanted to see, we stayed home in the evening and watched a DVD.

All in all, a good day.

Anne

annc
07-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Ann, Thank you! Since it was also our 28th wedding anniversary, we had a good time. Drove around the country a bit, since we are considering downsizing our farm (from 60 acres to 10 or less), then went out to eat. Since there were no movies we both wanted to see, we stayed home in the evening and watched a DVD.

All in all, a good day.

AnneSounds like a great birthday to me. Did you find any possible new places to live?

terrie
07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

Terrie

Anne Wright
07-19-2005, 08:02 AM
Ann, Yes, we found a place that would be nice, not too large (7.5-8.5 acres) but with access to as much as ten acres of already established & fenced pasture that I could lease for only the maintenance costs. It already has a nice house and a swimming pool - but no barn. Since the other places had anywhere from nothing, not even grass, to unsuitable houses and no appropriate barn, this would be a lot easier to deal with. It's cheaper to put up a barn than a house!
We're months, if no a year or more, awy from actually doing anything, though - which fits with the owner of this piece and his plans.
Anne

Anne Wright
07-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks, Terrie!

annc
07-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Ann, Yes, we found a place that would be nice, not too large (7.5-8.5 acres) but with access to as much as ten acres of already established & fenced pasture that I could lease for only the maintenance costs. It already has a nice house and a swimming pool - but no barn. Since the other places had anywhere from nothing, not even grass, to unsuitable houses and no appropriate barn, this would be a lot easier to deal with. It's cheaper to put up a barn than a house!
We're months, if no a year or more, awy from actually doing anything, though - which fits with the owner of this piece and his plans.
AnneOoh, how nice to have something to look forward to and plan!

Anne Wright
07-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Ann, Oh well, just found out that the place we were hoping for will not be available with the acreage we had hoped for. And the instructor leasing our lower barn today claimed that a casual comment she made two weeks ago was her ninety day notice that she will vacate (that is actually OK as she is getitng less than considerate since she closed on her property - and if she insists on that date without her barn not even being started as of today, that is OK...New terms will be required for any additional period she remains.)

Not a good day today... It figures - my biorhythms are all oit of whack!
Anne

annc
07-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Ann, Oh well, just found out that the place we were hoping for will not be available with the acreage we had hoped for. And the instructor leasing our lower barn today claimed that a casual comment she made two weeks ago was her ninety day notice that she will vacate (that is actually OK as she is getitng less than considerate since she closed on her property - and if she insists on that date without her barn not even being started as of today, that is OK...New terms will be required for any additional period she remains.)

Not a good day today... It figures - my biorhythms are all oit of whack!
AnneOh, what a shame about the other property. But it sounds as if you need to get rid of the instructor anyway.