PDA

View Full Version : Came from Seattle

ktinkel
06-16-2005, 06:43 AM
He's getting quite the following as being an actual walking/talking hand letterer/sign painter. He's originally from Washington state (like me) but has lived in Iowa now for yonks.You’re from Washington state? Whereabouts?

Norman Hathaway
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Seattle.
Raised more in the deep South though- then returned to Seattle when a late teen.

ktinkel
06-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Seattle.
Raised more in the deep South though- then returned to Seattle when a late teen.Goodness. Must have been confusing!

I was born in Seattle, before it became cosmopolitan, but grew up in Anchorage.

Norman Hathaway
06-17-2005, 02:16 PM
How old were you when you fled? And what neighborhood did you live in?

ktinkel
06-17-2005, 04:13 PM
How old were you when you fled? And what neighborhood did you live in?My dad grew up in and around Seattle (first in Kent, when it was a speck on the map). My grandparents’ house is what I most remember. It was at 1201 North 50th Street, almost across from the zoo, not far from Green Lake.

But my mother and I lived in West Seattle just before going up to join my father in Anchorage (which was in 1944 or ’45, and I was 4).

You?

Norman Hathaway
06-22-2005, 06:00 AM
50th and Roosevelt (University district). I remember the Space Needle being erected from my bedroom window. Saw Huntley & Brinkley at the world's fair. Put 50 cents into a machine that poured hot green/grey wax into a mold and out popped a bust of JFK.

When I returned to Seattle years later I lived in Madison Park.