PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday, Jonathan!

annc
06-15-2005, 10:02 PM
Hope you have a great time, and manage to celebrate it with a bottle (or three) of the good stuff.

I notice you've been coy about your age. <g>

Mike
06-15-2005, 10:42 PM
And happy birthday from this side of the pond, too.

Jonathan
06-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Hope you have a great time, and manage to celebrate it with a bottle (or three) of the good stuff.

I notice you've been coy about your age. <g>
Thanks Ann!

FWIW, I'm only 49.

I was just out playing music with some friends, and did in a pitcher or three. The bottle(s) will come this evening. And I see that someone here has been making a cake; probably my 13-year-old daughter. She's developing quite a hand in the kitchen.

Jonathan
06-16-2005, 12:10 AM
And happy birthday from this side of the pond, too.
Thanks, Mike! I certainly enjoyed seeing the pictures from your last one.

I have a friend in Arizona that was born on the same day as I was, and we are pondering what to do to celebrate our 50th birthdays next year. She loves to hike, and has suggested a walk to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and although I've always wanted to do that, June doesn't seem like the optimum month to indulge such fancies.

I'm open to suggestions, though!

Franca
06-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Happy Birthday from me, too, Jonathan! If I were home I wouldn't have gone to bed yet but over here it's late morning and your birthday has been under way for 11 hours already. I see you've had a bit of celebration already - cheers! Being a musician and all, you get an extra long birthday. <g> Enjoy your cake later on!

50th birthday celebration ... hm ... so many possibilities. Like you, I don't think I would get maximum enjoyment out of a June expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. (Although better than July or August, I expect.) What are the geographical limitations of your potential celebratory adventure?

ktinkel
06-16-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm open to suggestions, though!Take that trip on the half-anniversary of your birthday. Fifty, after all, deserves a bit of extra celebrating, hovering as you will be on the brink of adulthood!

Hope you are having a happy 49th!

terrie
06-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Happy Birthday!!!

Terrie

Jonathan
06-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Take that trip on the half-anniversary of your birthday.Interesting idea. I spoke with Ellen (my "twin") earlier this evening, and we tossed severasl ideas back and forth. But not that one!

Hers is the family we always visit at Thanksgiving. Hmmm, I wonder if we could celebrate Thanksgiving in December this year? That would kill three birds with one stone...

But before I do any hiking that strenuous, I need to do a bit of training. Better get to work on that right now <g>.

Jonathan
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Happy Birthday!!!
Thanks, Terrie. It has been.

I finally got my copy of Cher's Painter IX Wow! book yesterday (grrr!). I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet, though.

Jonathan
06-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Happy Birthday from me, too, Jonathan! If I were home I wouldn't have gone to bed yet but over here it's late morning and your birthday has been under way for 11 hours already. I see you've had a bit of celebration already - cheers! Being a musician and all, you get an extra long birthday. <g> Enjoy your cake later on!

50th birthday celebration ... hm ... so many possibilities. Like you, I don't think I would get maximum enjoyment out of a June expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. (Although better than July or August, I expect.) What are the geographical limitations of your potential celebratory adventure?Thanks, Franca!

It's been a very pleasant day, even with the work at hand. I got to have lunch with my older daughter, who was on her best behavior, I'm happy to report. And my younger one aksed me to attend an awards ceremony at her school, where she received six (!) commendations, including the Most Outstanding Student award for her 7th grade. That was very nice, despite having to sit on concrete bleachers in the sun for an hour...

As for geographical limits for Ellen's and my birthday celebration, we are pretty much limited to southern California and Arizona, although we have at intervals discussed taking our brood to Hawaii for a week or two. The problem is that there are 11 of us, if we count the third family that we always travel and celebrate with. (They're my neighbors across the street, and we have all known one another for several decades.) It's a lot of folks to transport and accomodate. Why, were you planning to invite us all up for a stay? :-)

When do you return, BTW?

annc
06-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks Ann!

FWIW, I'm only 49.

I was just out playing music with some friends, and did in a pitcher or three. The bottle(s) will come this evening. And I see that someone here has been making a cake; probably my 13-year-old daughter. She's developing quite a hand in the kitchen.Just a child.

I'm sure the birthday cake was scrumptious!

Mike
06-16-2005, 10:29 PM
June doesn't seem like the optimum month to indulge such fancies.

I'm open to suggestions, though!

You could always celebrate in January. Our dogs were born in January and when we lived in Sussex they always had a birthday party and invited lots of the local dogs around for a party. Fortunately they chose to celebrate in June so we could normally restrict the party to the garden.

I'm celebrating my 50th birthday again in September with a trip up the Amazon followed by a few days in the Andes in Peru. Expect some more photos in the website!

Franca
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
11 is indeed a large group! Let's see ... I could put two of you in the guest room, maybe four in the living room, stash a couple more with the cats, and the rest out in the garage with the slot cars. How does that sound? ;) Not the best celebration accommodations, are they? But there's always comfortably room for two in our guest room - we (the dogs, cats, and humans) always enjoy having visitors.

We get back late Tuesday night and will no doubt be completely useless on Wednesday!

terrie
06-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Glad you had a good bday...'-}}

>>jonathan: I finally got my copy of Cher's Painter IX Wow! book yesterday (grrr!). I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet, though.

I do think it's her best book yet...is she back in the country or still down in Australia? I sent her an email the other day and it's not bounced so I assume she's back...

Terrie

PS...can't believe that I got a copy before you did...they have no appreciation for you at all...or you could consider that they waited until your bday and sent it as bday pressie...'-}}

Jonathan
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
is she back in the country or still down in Australia? I sent her an email the other day and it's not bounced so I assume she's back...Cher is back, although I haven't had a chance to speak with her yet.

Jonathan
06-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Fortunately they chose to celebrate in JuneAnd just exactly how did the dogs let you know that this was their preference?

Jonathan
06-21-2005, 01:04 PM
completely useless on Wednesday!Then welcome home, and here's to complete uselessness!

Mike
06-21-2005, 11:09 PM
And just exactly how did the dogs let you know that this was their preference?

We kept on asking them until they came up with the right answer. We have a very democratic household. <g>

terrie
06-22-2005, 11:25 AM
>>jonathan: Cher is back, although I haven't had a chance to speak with her yet.

I got an email from her shortly after I asked you...'-}}

Terrie