PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and Eudora Questions

Franca
05-29-2005, 09:52 PM
I've run into a bit of difficulty getting ready for my trip....

I will be travelling with a laptop for the very first time and I would like to be able to get my Firefox bookmarks and my Eudora address book, personalities, etc. from my desktop onto the laptop. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this! I don't know where Firefox stores its bookmarks and Import only deals with Import from outside browsers, not from another Firefox installation. I am running into the very same problem with Eudora. Help! Hope somebody here has had to do this before because I'm feeling kind of lost. :( All advice gratefully accepted!

ktinkel
05-30-2005, 05:12 AM
… I would like to be able to get my Firefox bookmarks and my Eudora address book, personalities, etc. from my desktop onto the laptop. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this!I am on the wrong platform to provide details, but I know that Eudora stores settings and nicknames in a a folder called (on the Mac, anyway) “Eudora Folder.” It also has preferences in the Preferences folder. I believe the Personalities information is in the settings file. (You should find all the Eudora files if you search on Eudora.)

The absolutely best and fastest way to find out about Firefox is on the Mozilla forum on CIS (http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ws-mozilla). Judy Russell runs the place, and usually replies in minutes.

Stephen Owades
05-30-2005, 10:52 AM
I've run into a bit of difficulty getting ready for my trip....

I will be travelling with a laptop for the very first time and I would like to be able to get my Firefox bookmarks and my Eudora address book, personalities, etc. from my desktop onto the laptop. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this! I don't know where Firefox stores its bookmarks and Import only deals with Import from outside browsers, not from another Firefox installation. I am running into the very same problem with Eudora. Help! Hope somebody here has had to do this before because I'm feeling kind of lost. :( All advice gratefully accepted!
The bookmarks manager in Firefox (under Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks) allows you to import and export a list of bookmarks (under File -> Import/Export). The export option generates an HTML file which the "import from file" option can reconstruct into usable bookmarks.

I don't work with Eudora, but I believe you'll find an address book file in the same directory as Eudora.exe; it will probably have a name and/or extension that suggests it's an address book. If you want to replicate the settings of your desktop machine's Eudora into your laptop, you can probably achieve this by copying over the Eudora.ini file from the same directory.