PDA

View Full Version : SOS font ID please

annc
05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Cn anyone identify this font for me, please? I have to use it in a small ad. Sorry for the poor quality; it was supplied by the advertiser on a laser printed business card.

It's urgent, of course. Job has to go to the printer late this afternoon or tomorrow.

marlene
05-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm stumped. I went through my font catalogs and checked several online sources, and couldn't find your font. Maybe it was hand-drawn (I'd say the shadowing was certainly added manually), or maybe it was from one of those big cheap collections of display fonts.

Best bet might be to scan it at as high a resolution as possible, and clean it up in Photoshop.

mxh

mxh

ElyseC
05-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Cn anyone identify this font for me, please? I have to use it in a small ad. Sorry for the poor quality; it was supplied by the advertiser on a laser printed business card.

It's urgent, of course. Job has to go to the printer late this afternoon or tomorrow.Yikes. Well, I'd say the initial H and C are from a very different font than the rest of their words. There's almost a medieval or maybe Middle Eastern look to those other characters. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

annc
05-25-2005, 06:12 PM
I'm stumped. I went through my font catalogs and checked several online sources, and couldn't find your font. Maybe it was hand-drawn (I'd say the shadowing was certainly added manually), or maybe it was from one of those big cheap collections of display fonts.

Best bet might be to scan it at as high a resolution as possible, and clean it up in Photoshop.

Thanks. I went through everything I had, too, but couldn't see it anywhere. The shadowing is horrendous, isn't it?

I'm tempted to just use Eckmann, a font on my old Corel CD, which has some slight similarities.

The business card I have has been around for quite some time, and much of the toner has worn off. :-(

annc
05-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Yikes. Well, I'd say the initial H and C are from a very different font than the rest of their words. There's almost a medieval or maybe Middle Eastern look to those other characters. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to tell you.You're right, of course; the two initial caps are different.

Stupid thing is, it looks familiar to me, but maybe that's just because the ad appeared in our local papers some time ago.

I might ring the lady and see if she can help me - maybe even send me a PC TrueType, which I could use in InDesign.

Including that as a single font, there are 5 different ones on this business card.

annc
05-25-2005, 08:45 PM
All is well. I rang the advertiser, and discovered that she doesn't like that anyway, and has requested a 'plain block font' Hooray!

Myriad is my face of the week (just purchased Myriad Pro and need to get my money's worth) so it may be that that she gets.

Franca
05-25-2005, 11:53 PM
All is well. I rang the advertiser, and discovered that she doesn't like that anyway, and has requested a 'plain block font' Hooray!

Phew, that's a relief!

annc
05-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Phew, that's a relief!You bet! I ended up using Poppl-Laudatio, which I decided was more suitable than Myriad Pro for someone who practises kinesiology, Reiki etc.

This magazine I do has around 60 ads in it, each one an adventure. <g>