PDA

View Full Version : For all you ASCII art fans!

ktinkel
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Network Science web site (http://www.network-science.de/ascii/) will set any text you enter in dozens of ASCII configuations (some more successful than others).

The site says the results can be pasted into e-mails and used, and it looks okay here until I submit or preview the message — then it all goes to hell with itself.

I suspect this system deletes blank spaces. I was able to copy/paste into a text file with no problem.

Anyway, enjoy.

ElyseC
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Network Science web site (http://www.network-science.de/ascii/) will set any text you enter in dozens of ASCII configuations (some more successful than others).

The site says the results can be pasted into e-mails and used, and it looks okay here until I submit or preview the message — then it all goes to hell with itself.

I suspect this system deletes blank spaces. I was able to copy/paste into a text file with no problem.

Anyway, enjoy.

Did you try enclosing it here in the Code tags? We experimented a tiny bit a couple of months or so ago with ASCII art and found it helps some to enclose it in vBulletin's code tags.

Franca
05-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Interesting behavior on the message fonts.... Quoting here seems to strip the font info but the font info is maintained for what I type in manually. However, the opposite happened in Elyse's message, unless she did some font editing. Elyse? Did you make font alterations in your reply to Kathleen?

I suspect this system deletes blank spaces.Yes, it does. At least it has every time *I've* wanted more than one space. This is weird typing in a fixed width font again. Haven't done it for quite awhile!

ktinkel
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Did you try enclosing it here in the Code tags? Nope. But sounds like a good plan. (Oh, good — it works!)

Let’s try:

ktinkel
05-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Interesting behavior on the message fonts.... Elyse had it right — using CODE makes it work.

Franca
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Cut off the bottom, though, didn't it? Or did that happen when you cut and pasted?

ktinkel
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Cut off the bottom, though, didn't it? Or did that happen when you cut and pasted?No, don’t think so. It’s all there (but I do have to scroll to see the bottom).

djb
05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
The latest MacTech magazine has code to take any picture you feed it and render it in ASCII in Terminal.app

Heh. Way cool.

Franca
05-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Oh. Senior moment. :-p And before you say I don't qualify, I definitely do qualify for the related phenomenon called "Santa Cruz moment". Same result, no age limits.

ElyseC
05-11-2005, 06:59 PM
That's the ticket! Worked great!