PDA

View Full Version : What Am I? (Font ID please!)

Franca
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm sure I should know what this font is, but I haven't got it and it's looking like I will need to buy it ... a bitmap image is just not going to work for this particular job.

ElyseC
05-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Korinna, is it not?

Here's a MyFonts link to it. (http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/itc-korinna/)

ktinkel
05-09-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm sure I should know what this font is, but I haven't got it and it's looking like I will need to buy it ... a bitmap image is just not going to work for this particular job.Korinna Mutilated. It used to be very popular! <g>

Probably Korinna Extrabold, though it could be Bold with strokes and such. Some lateral compression, and what looks a skew.

Franca
05-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Thank you both!!! Of course it is. Mutilated, as you say, but nonetheless ... and I have it so don't need to buy it. Phew!

ktinkel
05-09-2005, 06:02 PM
… I have it so don't need to buy it. Phew!Lucky, lucky you! :-)

annc
05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Ah Korinna... The third party XPress 3 training videos had documents set in Korinna. I remember that, but can't for the life of me remember he name of the company that put them out.

Ah, it just came to me - MacAcademy

ElyseC
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
The third party XPress 3 training videos had documents set in Korinna. I remember that, but can't for the life of me remember he name of the company that put them out.

Ah, it just came to me - MacAcademyHeh! The tape training I panned in a review for an early issue of X-Ray magazine way back when. Was given MacAcademy's, another truly weak course, and David Blatner's all on VHS to review and David's, while not suited for everyone's learning style or needs, were by far the best general course. MacAcademy's was riddled with errors and lack of practical experience with XPress, and the third company's tapes were simply lacking any real 'meat' whatsoever (showing their lack of practical experience with the program, as well).

Franca
05-09-2005, 11:02 PM
I had a bit of a struggle making it bold enough but it was worth it, and if one must mutilate a font it might as well be that one. <eg>

annc
05-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Heh! The tape training I panned in a review for an early issue of X-Ray magazine way back when. Was given MacAcademy's, another truly weak course, and David Blatner's all on VHS to review and David's, while not suited for everyone's learning style or needs, were by far the best general course. MacAcademy's was riddled with errors and lack of practical experience with XPress, and the third company's tapes were simply lacking any real 'meat' whatsoever (showing their lack of practical experience with the program, as well).Yes, well, the only thing I remember about the course was the font, which has to say something about the content!

Ann

ElyseC
05-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, well, the only thing I remember about the course was the font, which has to say something about the content!Heh! Indeed!

Franca
05-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh - and regarding the "mutilation"... some of it comes from the fact that it was snipped from a scanned magazine photo of a yellow race car on the track. It's the decal on the side of the car, which is not a completely level, flat surface. ;-) Also probably had squashed bugs, grease, tire rubber, and who knows what else on it, LOL. Hanging onto the white outline wasn't easy. Didn't need the white outline for font ID, of course, but at the time I was trying to avoid having to recreate the logo from scratch. A hopeless cause.