PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw PDF Problem

BobRoosth
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I am working on a long document that was created by someone else in Draw 11. I am working in X4. There is a logo on every page that consists of colored text and a drop shadow. When I publish to PDF the text appears, but not the drop shadow. If I print to PS and Distill, it looks great.

If I copy just the logo and paste it into a new document, publish to PDF works.

If the document were not so long, I'd create a new document and copy between them page by page. Import into a new document does not change the problem.

I have already asked Corel support for help. No reply yet.

Has anyone run into this?

Steve Rindsberg
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Have you tried copying the logo and pasting back into the same document in Draw?

That was always a quick way of fixing certain types of problems. Might work here too.

If that doesn't get it but copying into a new document does, what if you export back out from the new document to whatever format seems to suit it well, then import that back into Draw in place of the original.

BobRoosth
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
The only thing I found that works is to break apart the drop shadow group, then convert the shadow to bitmap, the regroup. Publish to PDF works now, BUT printing to PS file crashes Draw...... I did get a tech support person at Corel to give me an email address to submit problem files to, so perhaps I will actually get some help there.

BobRoosth
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Reply from Corel support: change the Publish to PDF preset to Archive (CMYK) and it works. The support agent thought it was the bitmap compression (zip vs jpg). Did not work for me. I asked him to forward the CDR to development.

FWIIW, I found an alternative for people who do a lot of drop shadows:

http://www.macromonster.com/index.php?mod=descr&id_desc=14&

For $10, seems like a nice extension.

Steve Rindsberg
02-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Looks like ten bucks saves you a lot of farkling around at output time. Cheap at half the price!

terrie
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
steve: Cheap at half the price!LOL!!! Shouldn't that be "cheap at twice the price"??? '-}}

Terrie

Steve Rindsberg
02-06-2009, 07:06 AM
OLD joke. VERY old. ;-)

terrie
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
steve: OLD joke. VERY old. ;-)ROFL!!! Guess it was before my time...'-}}

My dad used to confuse the hell out my younger sister and I by using phrases like:

"If you're not here when I'm here, you'll be here after I'm gone..."

And it took the two of us a long time to figure out the answer to why I was older than my younger sister when she was born in September and I was born in October...'-}}

Or when we told him that we had gone to gym in school and he'd ask "gym who?"...the answer of course is "gym nasium"...LOL!!!

Terrie

Steve Rindsberg
02-07-2009, 12:22 PM
<g>

My dad used to work at a chemical plant in Houston. On the grounds, they had a swimming pool for the employees to use, so we'd go out there once in a while. We'd get onto the grounds of the plant, get a whiff of the place and go "Ewwwwww"

Dad would take a deep breath and say "Smells like bread and butter to me"

We figured the poor guy had lost his taste buds in the war or something. ;-)

terrie
02-07-2009, 04:16 PM
steve: We figured the poor guy had lost his taste buds in the war or something. ;-)LOL!!! '-}}

Terrie