PDA

View Full Version : Verona 5185

Robin Springall
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Posh car client (about as posh as you can ever get, actually) has asked me to tweak some artwork. It's got Verona 5185 as one of their house colours, but I've never heard of Verona anything! Is there a PMS equivalent? I'd hate to have to go to them cap in hand and prove that I'm an idiot!

ktinkel
08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Posh car client (about as posh as you can ever get, actually) has asked me to tweak some artwork. It's got Verona 5185 as one of their house colours, but I've never heard of Verona anything! Is there a PMS equivalent? I'd hate to have to go to them cap in hand and prove that I'm an idiot!I’ve never heard of Verona 5185 (though I never worked for posh anyone, since non-profits were my specialty). But I would guess that it is a house name for some mixture (or a PMS). Or a custom PMS, though I haven’t heard of such a thing.

The inclusion of numbers really reminds me of an in-house color designation.

If you Google on verona 5185 pms you get all sorts of weird stuff, but nothing that looks like a generally recognized color.

You can probably call your client up and just say you need a clear definition of the color spec, that Verona 5185 is not anything you have seen. Doubt you would lose face. (But I am guessing.)

Michael Rowley
08-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Robin:

Two fonts that have Verona in the name are sold by MyFonts, but as they're seriffed fonts they might not be related to Verona 5185. Have a look.

Michael Rowley
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Two fonts . . .Oops! Didn't read the question properly! Please write in my epitaph, 'He meant well'.