PDA

View Full Version : New Goldy Picture

Anne Wright
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Here's the latest picture of Goldy! I think she's practising her "coy" look.
Anne

annc
04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Here's the latest picture of Goldy! I think she's practising her "coy" look.
AnneShe is growing up to be a beauty, isn't she?

Franca
04-09-2005, 09:40 PM
What a little doll! She certainly looks like a keeper to me. :)

Anne Wright
04-10-2005, 04:08 PM
Ann, I just hope she turns out the way I expect! She's more refined than her great-granddaddy, Smoky Milagro, was as a foal, but shorter coupled than her dam. I'm hoping she will be a nice combination of the two, with the fluid motion of her sire. She's already turning quicker and running faster than Kilmer, the other foal from this year.
Anne

Anne Wright
04-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Franca, the more I watch her, the more I like her. My only complaint is that I have not been able to make friends with her yet - her dam is the type that is very possessive the first few weeks. Rather than try to handle the baby and get the mare hysterical, we have just let her be. Friday Ziggy showed the first signs of relaxing with us around the baby, but the Goldy is still a little leery.
Anne

annc
04-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Ann, I just hope she turns out the way I expect! She's more refined than her great-granddaddy, Smoky Milagro, was as a foal, but shorter coupled than her dam. I'm hoping she will be a nice combination of the two, with the fluid motion of her sire. She's already turning quicker and running faster than Kilmer, the other foal from this year.
AnneSounds very promising. What sports/disciplines do you train them in?

Franca
04-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Well, I think you're going about it just right. Best to keep mom happy - Goldy should be getting curious about you pretty soon. :) I just looked at the picture again. I just adore that face. (And the rest of her is pretty darned cute, too.) I don't know why, but it's mares and fillies I get excited about.

Anne Wright
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Ann, When I used to do the training and riding, I did pleasure riding and a little dressage. People who have purchased my foals have used them for everything from Western Pleasure, trail riding and trail classes, hunter-jumper, dressage, cutting and working cow horse.

Goldy's grandsire was second in the country in year end points for his grulla color as a baby, went on to Reserve World Champion Halter Stallion as a two year old, was shown in English classes at breed shows as a three year old. After we sold him, he ended up in Idaho as a working cow horse and breeding stallion - there is a picture of him on their web site with a child riding him as he is holding a calf being branded!

I bred and raised that stallion's sire and dam - the older stallion mostly was shown in trail and command classes, but was also used to work cattle. At one show, they needed and extra horse for and English trail class, so we tossed a flat saddle on him and entered him - he won the class over the top horse in the nation in that event <g> He was even used to fill out speed events and was only two points short of his Championship when we retired him from showing.

The dam was trained for reining and Western Pleasure but I also used her for taking dressage lessons. The one time I took her to a dressage show, I chickened out but a friend rode her (the first time she had ridden the mare) and they got a third with lots of compliments from the judge.

So I pretty much breed for all round horses that can be used for anything.

Anne

Anne Wright
04-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Franca, I know and the pictures don't show her movement. I need to take my video camera out and get some footage of her trot - it is lovely!
Anne

annc
04-16-2005, 10:11 PM
So I pretty much breed for all round horses that can be used for anything.

AnneWonderful, Anne. It sounds as if the temperaments are perfect.