PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolutions

Richard Waller
12-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Now is the time to plan my new year resolution. Note the singular. If you are like me, you will not do much about resolutions, but I will have more chance if there is just one. I will write it down in large letters and stick it to my computer display.

Me? I am going to update all my sites. Real soon now . . .

ktinkel
12-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Now is the time to plan my new year resolution. Note the singular. If you are like me, you will not do much about resolutions, but I will have more chance if there is just one. I will write it down in large letters and stick it to my computer display.

Me? I am going to update all my sites. Real soon now . . .Not bad — I could subscribe to that one myself. Any old day …

George
01-01-2008, 07:00 AM
I did set some New Year's resolutions, and I struggled and struggled to keep them..but it was just too hard...so I give up.

George

dthomsen8
01-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I did set some New Year's resolutions, and I struggled and struggled to keep them..but it was just too hard...so I give up.

George

My idea is to make just a few easy new year's resolutions. Here are two for myself.

1) Make more frequent backups of my three computers. I have Acronis, I just have to get with it.

2) Work harder on getting Pegasus to stop SPAM and file messages.

My other idea is to ask the forum staff to review our resolutions here at some point in the future. Ask us whether we actually did any of the resolutions we mentioned here. Maybe on Independence Day, or on Christmas? KT, what do you think of that?

ktinkel
01-01-2008, 11:15 AM
My idea is to make just a few easy new year's resolutions. Here are two for myself.

1) Make more frequent backups of my three computers. I have Acronis, I just have to get with it.

2) Work harder on getting Pegasus to stop SPAM and file messages.

My other idea is to ask the forum staff to review our resolutions here at some point in the future. Ask us whether we actually did any of the resolutions we mentioned here. Maybe on Independence Day, or on Christmas? KT, what do you think of that?I have no objection to revisiting the topic, even resuscitating this thread.

But why need it be staff? You can be our anointed resolution monitor! :)

George
01-01-2008, 12:12 PM
My idea is to make just a few easy new year's resolutions.

Yeah, that's what I did wrong -- I made resolutions that were too hard!!!

My main resolution was not to do any work on New Year's day. But it hit me last night how I should change a paragraph I was writing to make it sooo much better, and I had to do that before it got away, and then, well the next paragraph was just sitting there, and well...

Of course, my next main resolution was to keep the computer desk top around the monitor nice and neat and clear. But the table to my right with my resources is only ten feet long, and with all the knit-picking issues that arise and have to be squared away...well, what else could I do, I really need that space.

And my next resolution...well, never mind.

Greorge

Richard Waller
01-02-2008, 12:35 AM
So I had a few spare moments between eating mince pies and taking the dog out, so I started a refurb on the Waller site. And got as far as the Blog and found I had a dozen opinions I wanted to pontificate about. I shall be doing something on the other things soon. I promise.

Mike
01-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Me? I am going to update all my sites. Real soon now . . .

Me too.

Done it! Had a website with a holding page and finally got around to sorting it out! Now I can relax for the rest of the year knowing I've achieved my resolution.:)

LoisWakeman
01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Mine is 1024 by 768!

Cristen Gillespie
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Bad Lois, bad, bad Lois. ROFL

dthomsen8
01-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, that's what I did wrong -- I made resolutions that were too hard!!!

And my next resolution...well, never mind.

George

So, any easy resolutions? Or do you think they never work out?

dthomsen8
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I have no objection to revisiting the topic, even resuscitating this thread.

But why need it be staff? You can be our anointed resolution monitor! :)

KT,

As long as you remember to resuscitate this thread late in 2008, I agree to be the anointed resolution monitor.

David

Mike
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Mine is 1024 by 768!

Not sure I can match that at my age.

LoisWakeman
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
I am talking pixels, not cms (or even mms or ems)!

Mike
01-04-2008, 02:11 AM
So? Still sounds ambitious to me.

George
01-04-2008, 05:47 AM
So, any easy resolutions? Or do you think they never work out?

No, I was just kidding. In truth, I consider resolutions on how I can improve daily. I think it's like how they did it in times past. They focused on self-improvement a lot.

Now-a-days they have these self-help books, but I think they're about getting more money or a better job. All that's good too, but it uses a different modern approach, probably based on some kind of psychology.

George

Richard Waller
01-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Most popular NY Res are (according to the Daily Telegraph):

1. By far - lose weight
2. Write a novel.

dthomsen8
01-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Most popular NY Res are (according to the Daily Telegraph):

1. By far - lose weight
2. Write a novel.

Those resolutions may be popular, but for most people they are hard to do. The second one is unexpected.

Far better is to make some easy ones.