PDA

View Full Version : For all you gardeners out there...

terrie
03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I thought all you gardeners out there--even if you don't live in CA--might find this an interesting site:

http://www.wildscaping.com/index.htm

Terrie

ktinkel
03-24-2005, 01:17 PM
I thought all you gardeners out there--even if you don't live in CA--might find this an interesting site …Thanks, Terrie. Even just the thought of a butterfly, however incipient, is welcome right about now. I want the snow to go. And stay gone.

Interesting site, nice picture of the Monarch-to-be, too.

terrie
03-24-2005, 03:48 PM
>>Even just the thought of a butterfly, however incipient, is welcome right about now. I want the snow to go. And stay gone.

You're welcome...I couldn't believe it when you said you guys were getting more snow...we've been getting rain which I'd much rather have than snow...

>>Interesting site, nice picture of the Monarch-to-be, too.

Yeah...I thought so too...

Terrie

djb
03-24-2005, 04:47 PM
2 feet of snow here. I started my seeds under lights over the weekend.

Anyone living in a warmer climate can just *&^*$%$^%@!!!!!!!(*&&^%$%$$^%$$#$&^&***&&&**^&$%#@!@#$%^&*()#$%12#$@!#$%^^7&^&.

Best,

djb

ElyseC
03-25-2005, 09:30 AM
It's 40F and raining here today. A bit windy now, too, I notice. Nice fat robins everywhere, accompanied by starlings and red-winged blackbirds. Grass is greening up, too.

I can do without the mud, though.

Maybe the sun will shine this weekend and I'll snap a new pic for the avatar. Not a lot of green by the mailbox yet, though, so it won't look as pretty as after that snowstorm.

djb
03-25-2005, 02:45 PM
We're down at the mineral spa in Moose Jaw today... +1C, and sunny. Quite nice in the outdoor pool. The last couple of days at home have been around -6C/-20C hi/low, but the forecast iis for well above freezing all next week so winter's back may well be broken. I'd love to be able to start riding the bike soon.

ElyseC
03-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I'll hope with ya.

Predictions are for well above freezing here next week, too. I hope so especially for the 31st and 3rd. The 31st is Ben's 5th birthday and Sunday the 3rd will be his party, the first really big one (a pirate extravaganza <g>), with all his new friends here in Iowa.