PDA

View Full Version : P22 Club deadline looming

marlene
01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Just a reminder that the deadline to join P22's type club is January 31, 2005

You get to pick out any 5 single fonts (priced at $19.95 ea), which breaks even with the $99.95 membership cost, so everything else is just gravy.There will also be a free members-only font, other surprise bonuses, and healthy discounts (on fonts from P22, International House of Fonts, Sherwood and Lanston, as well as books, t-shirts, mugs, etc.).

If you love type, and love surprises, check it out:

http://p22.com/

Click on "Join the P22 Club" for more information.

I've been a member since the club started, and have never been disappointed.

mxh

Mike
01-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, for the first time, I thought I'd join.

I'm not quite clear how I get to chose my free fonts though. Do I just order them in the normal way and use my 20% club discount code that they mailed me or is there a different procedure for the free fonts?

Mike

marlene
01-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm not quite clear how I get to chose my free fonts though. Do I just order them in the normal way and use my 20% club discount code that they mailed me or is there a different procedure for the free fonts?

Hmmm, good question! I would suspect the procedure is different from ordering fonts using the discount code.

Did you get your "welcome to the club" e-mail from P22 yet? Although it doesn't spell out how to get the free fonts, you can reply to them and ask. They are very good about answering e-mail promptly, although they may not respond on weekends.

mxh

Molly/CA
01-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I worked my way through all the delicious fonts, found and dl'd the free typewriter font (which for those who haven't seen it is like my old wornout Royal Portable with the keys clogged a bit, quite delightful I thought --and now the "order" button for the P22 club sticks eternally on "loading!" Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with this site, using Mozilla (and XP Pro/SP2)?

marlene
01-29-2005, 06:02 PM
I haven't had any problems with the P22 site, but I'm not using Mozilla, I use Opera.

Do you have another browser you can try? (I keep MSIE installed for those websites that won't work in Opera.)

If no luck, I'd suggest e-mailing P22 (support@p22.com). Or you can call them on Monday (800-P22-5080).

mxh

Mike
01-30-2005, 12:14 AM
I don't think I got a 'welcome to the club' email until yesterday when I got a welcome and invitation to preview the new fonts they're releasing in Feb. That again mentions the free fonts and the 20% discount on other fonts -- including an additional 20% off the new fonts that are already discounted by 20% next month.

Pretty good value.

marlene
01-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Yep, the club member 20% discount usually applies even when another discount is being offered -- special sales or quantity discounts.

I just got the "welcome" e-mail yesterday, too.

mxh

Mike
01-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, now I know exactly how to get the five free fonts. I just got another email that says:

To receive the 5 free fonts as part of your 2005 P22 Club membership,-- we have no hi-tech automated web script database...just e-mail Natalie at...

ElyseC
01-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Well, now I know exactly how to get the five free fonts. I just got another email that says:

To receive the 5 free fonts as part of your 2005 P22 Club membership,-- we have no hi-tech automated web script database...just e-mail Natalie at...
Really? I just got that mail, too, but haven't read it yet. BRB...

You're right. Not what I'd thought delivery would be, but it'll work fine.

marlene
01-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Yep, I got that e-mail today too.

mxh

Molly/CA
02-02-2005, 11:24 AM
The problems were with installing the downloaded fonts --and I tried it again and they installed. I think I've had the problem before --an XP "feature" possibly.

I then had some trouble finding them as they appear in the lists as P22 " " !

marlene
02-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I actually don't even know how to install fonts through XP! I still use ATM to install fonts (and FontNav to boss them around).

I know XP is handling some of my TT and/or system fonts, but am not quite sure how. I tried to figure it out once, but there were all these weird shortcuts in the Fonts folder, and I gave up.

mxh