PDA

View Full Version : Pot Lid Advice

dthomsen8
06-01-2007, 04:52 AM
My wife, Annie, is interested in replacing a pot lid for a Revere all aluminum pot. Amazon has pot lids, and so do some other sites, but my problem is that the Amazon site is giving the size of stockpot lids in terms of the quart capacity of the pot, and not the diameter of the pot.

I suppose I could measure the pot with a measuring cup, but perhaps someone here has some advice on obtaining a replacement pot lid. The pot has a 9 inch inside diameter.

Advice on how to clean the copper bottom of Revere pots would also be good to have. I tried those magic bullet grease cutting tablets from TV, but they did not do much for me.

ktinkel
06-01-2007, 07:00 AM
replacing a pot lid for a Revere all aluminum pot.
[ … ]
The pot has a 9 inch inside diameter.The best bet for the lid would be to refer to the Revere size or product number. Lid sizes are not utterly standardized generally, and certainly not by capacity. (I have three stock pots from one maker, all of different heights and capacities, but all take the same lid. That lid, however, does not fit another similar pot from another maker.) Besides that, some lids span the pan (so-called restaurant-style); others have a ledge that allows them to fit inside.

Advice on how to clean the copper bottom of Revere pots would also be good to have. I tried those magic bullet grease cutting tablets from TV, but they did not do much for me.Try a mixture of salt and vinegar, rubbed on with a rag. Or get copper cleaner (powder or cream) at Bed, Bath & Beyond or a good hardware store or supermarket.

Or just let it develop a patina. I have one Revere pot and an ancient set of all-copper French pans, and keeping the copper shiny is too much work!

ElyseC
06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Advice on how to clean the copper bottom of Revere pots would also be good to have. I tried those magic bullet grease cutting tablets from TV, but they did not do much for me.When I've tried to clean copper bottoms I've been disappointed, but when tomato sauce drips on them, wash away the drip and the copper sparkles!

Like KT I just let them keep whatever patina they develop.

curveto
06-02-2007, 03:13 PM
> My wife, Annie, is interested in replacing a pot lid for a Revere all aluminum pot.

...and to think I thought this was the "should it be left up or down?" thread (at first glance)!

:)

Franca
06-02-2007, 11:58 PM
...and to think I thought this was the "should it be left up or down?" thread (at first glance)!:)LOL!!!