PDA

View Full Version : FLEFO lives

annc
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
in the CompuServe Flefo forum (now dead, alas)Actually, it isn't dead, just moved to the new software and with a new Wizop.
You can visit it here (http://community.compuserve.com/languages).

Michael Rowley
03-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Ann:

'it isn't dead, just moved'

Thanks for that information—I thought it had died, because my usual book mark no longer worked; it wasn't listed as one of the 'new' CompuServe forums, but had continued in existence under the old system for some time.

annc
03-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Ann:

'it isn't dead, just moved'

Thanks for that information—I thought it had died, because my usual book mark no longer worked; it wasn't listed as one of the 'new' CompuServe forums, but had continued in existence under the old system for some time.The old long URLs alll stopped working when forums moved to the new software. We were all told to hand out the short http://community.compuserve.com... URLs, which work. That's what I used in the URL I just posted.

I think FLEFO was one of the last of the non-adult forums to move across.

Michael Rowley
03-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Ann:

'the non-adult forums'

Did you mean to insult Flefo habituees? As far as I know, they are all over 18, and some over 80.

ktinkel
03-03-2005, 01:50 PM
'the non-adult forums'

Did you mean to insult Flefo habituees? As far as I know, they are all over 18, and some over 80.No, no — that is CIS-speak for forums with, um, “adult” content. You know — sex and like that.

Those are still in HMI format, not brought over to the web.

Michael Rowley
03-03-2005, 02:22 PM
KT:

'that is CIS-speak for forums with, um, “adult” content'

Ah, she meant the forums that are not 'for adults only'. I don't think you can call those forums 'non-adult' unless you go in for double-speak—which of course prolonged association with AOL can bring about.

ktinkel
03-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't think you can call those forums 'non-adult' unless you go in for double-speak—which of course prolonged association with AOL can bring about.Er, yes. <g>

annc
03-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Ann:

'the non-adult forums'

Did you mean to insult Flefo habituees? As far as I know, they are all over 18, and some over 80.I rarely mean to insult anybody, Michael. Not that I don't manage to do it fairly often, of course, as it seems I did to you in my message. My apologies.

Michael Rowley
03-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Ann:

'I rarely mean to insult anybody'

KT has already explained what an 'adult forum' means in AOL/CompuServe-speak! No offence taken—after all, you might have used strine!