PDA

View Full Version : Script lovers' special!

ktinkel
02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Natural-looking hand lettering is very hard to do with a font, but Underware seems to have done a good job with Bello (http://www.underware.nl/site2/index.php3?id1=bello&id2=pdfs), a voluptuous and brash brush script that really seems to work, even in running text and even at huge sizes. You can get some idea of the scope of this ambitious collection at the link above, and download a really lovely PDF that shows the fonts in action.

There are many odd parts to this font family. The main script font, small caps, ligatures, swash elements that can be printed in a second color, and more.

If you love a good script take a look at Bello.

Dave Saunders
02-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Oooh! That kind of script.

Dave :-)

ktinkel
02-24-2005, 09:04 AM

Dave :-)LOL! But you and Don are fixated!

annc
02-24-2005, 10:07 AM
Natural-looking hand lettering is very hard to do with a font, but Underware seems to have done a good job with Bello (http://www.underware.nl/site2/index.php3?id1=bello&id2=pdfs), a voluptuous and brash brush script that really seems to work, even in running text and even at huge sizes. You can get some idea of the scope of this ambitious collection at the link above, and download a really lovely PDF that shows the fonts in action.

There are many odd parts to this font family. The main script font, small caps, ligatures, swash elements that can be printed in a second color, and more.

If you love a good script take a look at Bello.And the price is very reasonable, too. I'm really tempted to get this one.

terrie
02-24-2005, 10:44 AM
You know how much I like script fonts but this is awfully heavy...is it meant to be a display font--I believe that's the correct term???

Terrie

terrie
02-24-2005, 10:44 AM
>>DaveS: Oooh! That kind of script.

LOL!!! I thought the same thing...'-}}

Terrie

ktinkel
02-24-2005, 10:56 AM
You know how much I like script fonts but this is awfully heavy...is it meant to be a display font--I believe that's the correct term???

TerrieYes. As I think I said — it is based on signs in butcher and grocery shops from the early part of the 20th century.

But I was surprised (in the PDF they offer) to find that large text (18 point, maybe?) was really quite readable and pleasant.

terrie
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
>>kt: As I think I said — it is based on signs in butcher and grocery shops from the early part of the 20th century.

You didn't...it now makes sense...'-}}

Terrie

Shane Stanley
02-24-2005, 03:14 PM

Sucked me in, too...

Shane

ktinkel
02-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Sucked me in, too...Hey — do you good. Develop the esthetic side of things! <g>