PDA

View Full Version : Three Cheers for the SysOps!

JTC
02-23-2005, 12:24 AM
Congratulations and thank you to the SysOps for breaking free of CompuServe!

I've missed you all. I'm so glad that we can be together again.

This forum has had a huge impact on my life. More than any other online community that I've ever been a part of. I'm really looking forward to being here again.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

ktinkel
02-23-2005, 05:09 AM

This forum has had a huge impact on my life. More than any other online community that I've ever been a part of. I'm really looking forward to being here again.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!My! Such enthusiasm.

So glad to see you again, Jeff.

don Arnoldy
02-23-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm really looking forward to being here again.Good to see you again! LTNT.

I hear a rumor that you've become something of an expert on RSS...

Please take a look at this thread (http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/showthread.php?t=187) and see if you can enlighten us!

terrie
02-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Thanks Jeff and thanks for the mention on your web page...

Terrie

ElyseC
02-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Wow! Thank you! It's really great to have you back!

annc
02-23-2005, 11:02 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!Welcome back, Jeff, and thank you for the link from your blog.

JohnC
02-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Is this THE Jeff Cheney?

JC

JTC
02-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Howdy, John!

Yes it's me, the former Quark tech, winner of the AISB's "Best Technical Support Person 1991", one-time temporary roomate of Brad Walrod, former adversary of JR Harmon, and the other JC in the DTP forum. ;-)

I used to think that I was the only Jeff Cheney, but I recently discovered that there are at least four of us (http://ican.editthispage.com/2004/11/11). Kinda scary...

BTW, no relation to uncle Dick. ;-)

Shane Stanley
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm really looking forward to being here again.

Has this place no standards?

;-)

Howdy, stranger...

Shane

ktinkel
02-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Yes it's me, the former Quark tech, winner of the AISB's "Best Technical Support Person 1991"Hey! I have an AISB award too (half-have, anyway): Most Useful Subscription Publication for Service Bureaus: MacPrePress (1992)

Quite an exclusive club, huh? <g>

JTC
02-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Howdy, Shane!

Long time no see. How are things in Nar Nar Goon?

JTC
02-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Quite an exclusive club, huh?

Indeed, the AISB didn't last too long. I forgot what they morphed into, the ISBA or something like that. The only other winner I recall is Mr. Gaskill, who was "Technical Support Person of the Year 1992".

Shane Stanley
02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Howdy, Shane!

Long time no see. How are things in Nar Nar Goon?

Oh, much the same as ever but different, if you know what I mean. I seem to be getting over there a couple of times a year. Caught up with Brad last November (and nearly with KT), and I'm due in Monterey again in May. Where are you living these days?

Shane

JTC
02-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Where are you living these days?

San Francisco. I have a view of the Pacific from my kitchen window.

Shane Stanley
02-23-2005, 09:52 PM
San Francisco. I have a view of the Pacific from my kitchen window.

Hmmm. Maybe we can lure you down for a drink in May. I still owe you a couple of NY subway tokens.

Shane

LHaggarty
02-24-2005, 03:37 AM

Well, I know I'd never have met my husband if not for the DTP Forum...

Remember that day Brad? <g>

Laura

The Drawing Room
03-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Laura! How are you? <S> Good to "see" you.

I just finished two DTP projects, the last of which nearly gave me a heart attack. <g> Whatever could go wrong - did. I'm holding my breath that the editor doesn't want any revisions because at this point the file is so tempermental it slams shut it I so much as open it. <g>

Are you doing any DTP work?

Beej