PDA

View Full Version : 47...errrr...that's 42

annc
02-15-2005, 07:01 PM
And apparently TPTB took it seriously. The forum seems to have been closed. I just went to check on traffic there (playing Morrie Bund to CIS' Izzy Phorumworkin?) and got some guff page about how this was a private forum.Yep. It got turned off about 6 p.m. CompuServe time.

Molly/CA
02-16-2005, 06:31 PM
You can hear ALL the Hitchiker books and both Dirk Gently stories as well --read by Adams (a fine reader) except for pieces of The Salmon of Doubt.

Great bedtime listening.

John Spragens
02-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Don't forget your towel!

I found myself in the same position when Adams died. I discovered that the entire series is conveniently collected in a single tome (The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide) of very modest price. The remedial reading was quite pleasant.

annc
02-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Don't forget your towel!

I found myself in the same position when Adams died. I discovered that the entire series is conveniently collected in a single tome (The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide) of very modest price. The remedial reading was quite pleasant.Don't forget the Dirk Gently books. I sometimes think my fridge is nearly as bad as Dirk's, but don't have a cleaning lady to share the blame.

Steve Rindsberg
02-17-2005, 07:49 PM
You can hear ALL the Hitchiker books and both Dirk Gently stories as well --read by Adams (a fine reader) except for pieces of The Salmon of Doubt.>>

Where??!! Do tell?

ElyseC
02-17-2005, 08:45 PM
You can hear ALL the Hitchiker books and...I wonder if they're available as MP3 files...

I just checked the iTunes store and "Salmon of Doubt" and "Life, the Universe and Everything" are available for purchase there. I don't see Hitchiker's Guide.

annc
02-17-2005, 10:49 PM
I wonder if they're available as MP3 files...

I just checked the iTunes store and "Salmon of Doubt" and "Life, the Universe and Everything" are available for purchase there. I don't see Hitchiker's Guide.What about the Restaurant at the end of the world?

ElyseC
02-18-2005, 07:37 AM
What about the Restaurant at the end of the world?No, apparently not. I looked in audiobooks by genre (Sci-fi) then author (Douglas Adams) and those were the only two that came up.

annc
02-18-2005, 11:06 AM
No, apparently not. I looked in audiobooks by genre (Sci-fi) then author (Douglas Adams) and those were the only two that came up.Pity.

curveto
02-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I wonder if they're available as MP3 files...

I just checked the iTunes store and "Salmon of Doubt" and "Life, the Universe and Everything" are available for purchase there. I don't see Hitchiker's Guide.
audible has 'em. www.audible.com then search for hitchhiker

JR

ElyseC
02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
audible has 'em. www.audible.com then search for hitchhikerExcellent! Thanks.