PDA

View Full Version : Embedding test

Michael Rowley
02-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I've made a short document in MS Word 2003 with two short tables. The first has twelve words with ligatures in that Minion Pro recognizes, and the font is minionpr.ttf; the second is a copy of the first, but the font has been changed to Georgia.

Both fonts have been apparently embedded, and though the document is very brief, the file is quite large.

If you can see the words with the ligaments in the first table with Minion Pro deactivated or not present in Word 2000 or 2003, embedding has been successful.

The second table shows what happens in with another font that has no character corresponding to the code points used.

The file attached is testfont.doc.

ktinkel
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
The file attached is testfont.doc.I do not see it.

Michael Rowley
02-21-2006, 07:18 AM
KT:

'I do not see it'

Neither do I. The error is, no doubt, due to my incompetence, but I thought I had uploaded the file successfully. Can you instruct me about possible snags?

ktinkel
02-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I thought I had uploaded the file successfully. Can you instruct me about possible snags?The error messages are subtle — I have been caught once or twice myself.

If the software rejects your image after you attempt to upload it from your hard drive, it will tell you that it is doing so at the top of the attachmens window.

Try again; if it doesn’t work, let us know what the error message says. Or, if no message appears, let us know that as well.

Michael Rowley
02-21-2006, 10:02 AM
KT:

Try again

Thanks for the advice: I will try again.