PDA

View Full Version : Cat Sounds

dthomsen8
01-08-2006, 05:34 AM
While looking for cat sounds for my wife's new computer, I found:

http://www.kessels.com/

Under hobby, this Dutchman has a lot of cat sounds, cat photos, cat sayings, etc., which I am sure the cat lovers here will enjoy.

I took some of the cat WAV files to use as Windows sound scheme sounds for opening Windows, opening programs, etc., which my wife enjoys. It sounds just like there is a cat under the computer desk! (The speakers are there.)

I did have some trouble getting the sounds to stick, though.

ElyseC
01-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Heh! I started timing the moment I clicked the Cat Sounds page. Took our alpha cat less than a minute to get here to investigate the "intruder" -- and it was obvious she'd been eating. See, she's quite the tubby tabby, so for her to leave eating before she's good and done means I definitely got her attention! :D

Cristen Gillespie
01-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Heh! I started timing the moment I clicked the Cat Sounds page. Took our alpha cat less than a minute to get here to investigate the "intruder" -- and it was obvious she'd been eating. See, she's quite the tubby tabby, so for her to leave eating before she's good and done means I definitely got her attention! :D

Nimbus had Willie sit up, Whynot jump about trying to find the cat. They were definitely spooked. I played Cat2 and both took off like lightning, and for Willie, that's quite some feat.

I've saved Cat 2 to disk. Now when they're all sprawling across my Wacom and keyboards, I can get them off. Maybe even give them a bit of exercise. LOL

ktinkel
01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Nimbus had Willie sit up, Whynot jump about trying to find the cat. They were definitely spooked. Odd — my cats barely lifted their ears, then curled up again.

Maybe my speakers (the built-in ones) aren’t good enough.

iamback
01-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Under hobby, this Dutchman has a lot of cat sounds, cat photos, cat sayings, etc., which I am sure the cat lovers here will enjoy. That Cat sounds page went straight into my Fun & Weerd collection!

ElyseC
01-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Nimbus had Willie sit up, Whynot jump about trying to find the cat. They were definitely spooked. I played Cat2 and both took off like lightning, and for Willie, that's quite some feat.The funniest thing I ever saw was our cats' reaction to that Meowy Christmas recording played one holiday season on the radio. They came out from various hiding places and jumped about a foot off the ground, straight up, if something startled them while they were cautiously circling the stereo speakers sitting on the floor. We about busted a gut giggling!

Cristen Gillespie
01-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Odd — my cats barely lifted their ears, then curled up again.

Ahhh, I have external speakers. But I still thought they'd tell the difference between electronic sound and cats in the room.

Cristen Gillespie
01-11-2006, 08:07 AM
The funniest thing I ever saw was our cats' reaction to that Meowy Christmas recording played one holiday season on the radio. They came out from various hiding places and jumped about a foot off the ground, straight up, if something startled them while they were cautiously circling the stereo speakers sitting on the floor. We about busted a gut giggling!

I know about that jumping straight up. Whynot is our freaky cat, and she'll do that over nothing<G>

I'm sorry I missed the Meowy Christmas. I'd love to see how the cats would react to it. With Cat2, they didn't come out of wherever they ran to for some time. It must be a very bad thing that cat is saying to them.

dthomsen8
01-11-2006, 10:40 AM
He doesn't have Tweety Bird down right, though.

ElyseC
01-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I know about that jumping straight up. Whynot is our freaky cat, and she'll do that over nothing<G>Love the name! A friend once had a cat that found her; she named him "WhoFU" -- "who the heck found you" was what that was short for. <g>

I'm sorry I missed the Meowy Christmas. I'd love to see how the cats would react to it. With Cat2, they didn't come out of wherever they ran to for some time. It must be a very bad thing that cat is saying to them.Actually, I just happened to stumble upon a TLC or other Discovery channel program today that mentioned the recording and I was wrong about the name. It is called Jingle Cats. (http://www.jinglecats.com/)

Cristen Gillespie
01-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I see Jingle Cats is now on iTunes. So far, I've managed to never go to the store, but with a proper list, I just might try it out.

Love "WhoFU." LOL

I still can't figure out how the cats know the difference between "Whynot" and "Wynette," but they sure seem to know, judging by who looks up.

gary
01-13-2006, 03:01 PM
It occurred to me that "mewsic.com" (already taken) would have been an ideal domain for cat sounds...

ElyseC
01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
I still can't figure out how the cats know the difference between "Whynot" and "Wynette," but they sure seem to know, judging by who looks up.Ours (Salt, Cocoa and Tofutti) each respond when called, but invariably figure out when I'm calling one to sneak just that one a treat and they all show up. I really try to be consistent about how I call them, not giving them any obvious clues in my tone of voice, but somehow I must be doing it anyway. Oh well.

dthomsen8
01-17-2006, 04:34 AM

My speakers are good enough, but we don't have any animals. What puzzles me is how the new computer gives the cat sounds when I am no where near it, and sometimes when I put something down on the computer table. My wife really likes it, but I could do without the cat sounds when nothing is done to that computer.