PDA

View Full Version : Season's Greetings from Len Hewitt

marlene
12-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Len Hewitt asked me to relay his season's greetings to the forum, especially to Ann.

I tried to convince him to drop in for a visit, but he pleads extreme busy-ness.

So now let's all talk about him. <LOL>

Fontessa

annc
12-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Len Hewitt asked me to relay his season's greetings to the forum, especially to Ann.

I tried to convince him to drop in for a visit, but he pleads extreme busy-ness.

So now let's all talk about him. <LOL>Please wish him the same from me. And has anyone heard from Rik?

marlene
12-30-2005, 07:09 AM
I'll pass your greetings on to Len.

I know I haven't heard anything from Rik in years. But he does turn up in various locations on Google, so he is online elsewhere.

mxh

LenHewitt
12-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Yes, I've found 5 minutes! (Thanks for 'nagging' Marlene!)

Hi Ann,

Rik is at present House Sitting for Christmas (although I'm not sure for whom or where!)

An excellent occupation for an agrophobic as you can be sure the house will not be left unattended <g>.

Sue is now retired and they're still liviing at the same place.

ktinkel
12-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Rik is at present House Sitting for Christmas (although I'm not sure for whom or where!)Thanks for the news of Rik. When next you speak to him, give him a big hi from me (and the rest of us, I am sure) — along with the URL!

Very glad you found time to drop by! Happy new year.

annc
12-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Yes, I've found 5 minutes! (Thanks for 'nagging' Marlene!)

Rik is at present House Sitting for Christmas (although I'm not sure for whom or where!)

An excellent occupation for an agrophobic as you can be sure the house will not be left unattended <g>.

Sue is now retired and they're still liviing at the same place.Thanks for the information on Rik, Len. He seems to be on my mind every year at Christmas, but I don't do much to find out how he is going. Last I heard he was back in hospital, so it is good to hear that he is at least able to get around a bit (even if it's just from his own house to someone else's).

Great to see you back in here, even if just for five minutes! http://desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/images/smilies/wink.gif

terrie
12-30-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey Len!!! How nice to see you here! Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

I'm so glad to hear that Rik is around...I think about him from time to time...do say hi from me next time you guys touch base...

Terrie

LenHewitt
12-30-2005, 02:48 PM
A big, 'Hi' to KT and Ms LaBarbera (See, I even remember your surname, Terrie!) I'll be sure to pass on your greetings to Rik once he's back from his Christmas duties.

terrie
12-30-2005, 03:13 PM
len: (See, I even remember your surname, Terrie!)LOL!!! Thank you very much...spelled it right and everything...'-}}

It's funny...I just posted at Yahoo's Digital Fine Arts list in a thread about people's experiences with Photoshop and other digital imaging tools outlining how I got started using Photoshop and I'd like to thank you for all your help, particularly my transition (kicking and screaming) from win3.1 to win95...'-}} and all the other help and advice you gave me along the way...

>>I'll be sure to pass on your greetings to Rik once he's back from his Christmas duties.

Thanks!

Terrie

marlene
12-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Thanks for 'nagging' Marlene!

It's one of my specialties. <LOL>

Fontessa

Franca
12-31-2005, 11:03 AM
And from me, too, Len! I'm so glad to hear that Rik is feeling well enough to do Christmas housesitting. And good to see you here, however briefly. :) Do poke your head in whenever you have a spare moment.

Steve Rindsberg
01-04-2006, 10:14 PM
BTDT ... Rik and I still exchange e-cards of varying degrees of silliness at Christmas.
I told him about our new digs here and encouraged him to stop by of an evening and swap lies. We'll see ...

ktinkel
01-05-2006, 06:05 AM
I told him about our new digs here and encouraged him to stop by of an evening and swap lies. We'll see ...Oh, good. And if he doesn’t show up, we can always call in the marines — er, Marlene!

annc
01-05-2006, 11:29 AM
BTDT ... Rik and I still exchange e-cards of varying degrees of silliness at Christmas.
I told him about our new digs here and encouraged him to stop by of an evening and swap lies. We'll see ...Hope you told him his old mates are still here, and his enemies are long gone.

Steve Rindsberg
01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
I did mention the old mates ... didn't say anything about enemies. <g>

I like KT's notion. Didn't Tom Lehrer have a song about that? When in doubt, send the Marlenes!

marlene
01-06-2006, 11:37 PM
... send the Marlenes

Wasn't that Sondheim?

mxh

Steve Rindsberg
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
>> Wasn't that Sondheim?

Ooooh, she's in rare form! ROFL!!

Rik Bean
01-08-2006, 06:58 AM
You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment ;) . (This will only make sense if you saw the TV series, "House of Cards".)

Hi folks, I'm still alive - contrary to rumours put about by those who were intimidated by my cannibal antecedents! I'm sorry to report that the depression which started in 1995 has still got me in it's clutches, and the agoraphobia which hit in when I left CI$, via a hospital bed ;) has worsened. The medical profession has washed its hands of me - mental health has always been a Cinderella service in the UK, and I am one of the 20% of people who don't respond to medication (typical somehow!!!).

I'm not working any more, couldn't get out to meet clients, couldn't guarantee to get the job done etc, so nowadays I spend more time in Photoshop than anything else. I first went into a wet darkroom at the age of 9, so it was inevitable I'd get into digital photography I guess. An undo button sure does beat throwing away a sheet of paper and starting again :) .

Sue was made redundant by the Post Office three years ago and so we are both retired. The house suffered subsidence damage caused by local authority trees, and we had a bundle of laughs getting that sorted - I'm still in an ongoing claim for damages.

The depression and agoraphobia has really knocked my confidence, but we're working to re-build, though it's a slow process, easily knocked off track. The homesitting is part of our plan and, so far, it's working.

We 'work' for a company which pairs sitters and clients, they pay us a pittance but charge a tidy sum :( . However, we do have 24-hour backup, and are fully-insured. Most sits involve animals, and over Xmas we were looking after a large, but totally soft, German Shepherd plus two cats up in Northampton, about 20 miles away. I'm still missing the dog, it was wonderful to get up and be greeted by this large, exuberant bundle of pure furry joy! Our next booked sit is with 3 greyhounds - I guarantee they can run faster than me!

Scotland still draws us, but we have to fix things first.

OK, that's me for the past five years - how about all of you?

Slainthe!

Rik

ktinkel
01-08-2006, 07:41 AM
I'm sorry to report that the depression which started in 1995 has still got me in it's clutches, and the agoraphobia which hit in when I left CI$, via a hospital bed ;) has worsened. Sorry to hear that, Rik — but glad to see you have retained your sense of humor!

My husband retired and then so did I, sort of (no regular design work, anyway). I too have had health problems, including a bad back. I seem to spend most of my time visiting various medical professionals and having obnoxious treatments.

Very glad you found your way to our new forum — stick around. We are not quite as exuberant as big fluffy dogs, but we have our moments! <g>

Rik Bean
01-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi KT

Sorry to hear that, Rik — but glad to see you have retained your sense of humor!

In an insane world, it keeps me sane - but sends others mad! ;)

My husband retired and then so did I, sort of (no regular design work, anyway). I too have had health problems, including a bad back. I seem to spend most of my time visiting various medical professionals and having obnoxious treatments.

Sorry to hear that, it seems most medical treatments fall into one of two camps, ineffective or obnoxious. Sometimes, they fall into both simultaneously! I hope things improve soon.

Very glad you found your way to our new forum — stick around. We are not quite as exuberant as big fluffy dogs, but we have our moments! <g>

Steve R drew me a map :) . As to having your moments, could that be the cause of the bad back? <g,d,r...> (They haven't found a smiley for that one, have they ;) )

annc
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey Rik

Wonderful to see you here. So sorry to hear that your health woes are still there, but like KT, I'm pleased to see that your sense of humour has survived unscathed.

I lost my main (and almost only) client a couple of years ago, so am currently struggling along, trying to find real paying work, without a lot of success. I have one DTP client, and am getting a little income from advertising on a web site I manage.

It's a difficult world out there at the moment for many of us, I fear. My health woes (overall relatively minor) include some impaired liver function, so I'm currently on two months without alcohol, and am experimenting with different combinations of other ingredients to distract myself from the fact that i can no longer enjoy a glass or wine or three of an evening. So far (one week later) it's working. http://desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/images/smilies/smile.gif

Steve Rindsberg
01-08-2006, 04:03 PM
aaaHA! I *knew* one of us would get you sucked back in one of these days.

Welcome!

marlene
01-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Ooooh, she's in rare form!

Well done?

FvH

marlene
01-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi Rik!

It's wonderful to see you here! And we hope you will stick around.

The house/pet sitting sounds like it's working out really well for you.

Nothing much new here, except that Mr. Excitement and I finally got married about a year ago (after living together for 25 years). We ran off to Las Vegas and were married by an Elvis impersonator at the Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel.

I'm still a self-employed graphic designer, Mr. E is retired and watches TV all day. We have three big dogs, and you can house/pet sit for us next time we go on holiday. LOL -- I guess the commute would be a big much!

It's a lawn chair!

mxh

Rik Bean
01-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi Ann

Wonderful to see you here. So sorry to hear that your health woes are still there, but like KT, I'm pleased to see that your sense of humour has survived unscathed.

Odd that, most people were hoping it wouldn't! ;)

I lost my main (and almost only) client a couple of years ago, so am currently struggling along, trying to find real paying work, without a lot of success. I have one DTP client, and am getting a little income from advertising on a web site I manage.

I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my main client early in the depression, and since then, when I've tried to make forays back into the real world, I've found that everyone is now an expert and they know all there is to know about design because they have a program stuffed full of wizards. Empathy with type is usually non-existent, and they think Times NR is the answer to everything. I think software should come with a health warning along the lines of "This software is a tool, it's output is only as good as the skills and knowledge of the person using it." but I guess MS wouldn't want to say that. :)

It's a difficult world out there at the moment for many of us, I fear. My health woes (overall relatively minor) include some impaired liver function, so I'm currently on two months without alcohol, and am experimenting with different combinations of other ingredients to distract myself from the fact that i can no longer enjoy a glass or wine or three of an evening. So far (one week later) it's working. http://desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/images/smilies/smile.gif

I know how you feel, one of the anti-depressants I was prescribed upset my liver, and I've been unable to tolerate alcohol ever since (it doesn't help that almost all ADs seem to affect liver function). My poor GP has to double-check that anything he prescribes me has no alcohol. I can live without a drink most of the time, but just occasionally, with a meal, say, I do miss a glass of wine.

I hope it passes soon for you.

ElyseC
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Woo hoo! Hey there, fine sir! So good to "see" ya again! :)
I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my main client early in the depression, and since then, when I've tried to make forays back into the real world, I've found that everyone is now an expert and they know all there is to know about design because they have a program stuffed full of wizards. Empathy with type is usually non-existent, and they think Times NR is the answer to everything. I think software should come with a health warning along the lines of "This software is a tool, it's output is only as good as the skills and knowledge of the person using it." but I guess MS wouldn't want to say that. :)And because they've created [whatever], it's sacred or at least "good enough." ;)

ElyseC
01-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Oh, I guess I should add that since you and I last typed, my husband and I became parents and our son will be six in a couple of months. In September 2004 we left behind many years of living in California and moved to my home stomping grounds here in Iowa.

annc
01-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Odd that, most people were hoping it wouldn't! ;) Hmm, my impression was that it was your sense of humour that kept the Adobe forum roilling along!
I've found that everyone is now an expert and they know all there is to know about design because they have a program stuffed full of wizards. Empathy with type is usually non-existent, and they think Times NR is the answer to everything. I think software should come with a health warning along the lines of "This software is a tool, it's output is only as good as the skills and knowledge of the person using it." but I guess MS wouldn't want to say that. :) And part of the problem is that most people are trying to use Microsoft products to present their work.
...just occasionally, with a meal, say, I do miss a glass of wine.Yes, that is sad. A glass of wine with a good meal, and in good company, is a thing of joy.

terrie
01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Hey Rik!!!! So nice to see you!!! I'm sorry to hear about the depression and agoraphobia...don't know if this (http://www.rosscenter.com/) might help but offer it just in case...not sure if any of this is available in the UK but I have the Triumph book and would be happy to send it to you email me (74727.3164@compuserve.com) with a mailing address and I'll send it right out to you...it's a pretty interesting book...

I've spent the last couple of years fighting with a disability insurance company trying to get my short and long term disability insurance claims approved and lost my lawsuit against them this past August. However, I was approved for the government's disability insurance program (available if one has worked and paid into the system) and while finances are a bit tight, I do get enough to pay my mortgage and condo fee. I was also able to refinance my condo after I lost my lawsuit and get a bit of money out so that I have a bit of breathing space...

Been working in Photoshop and Painter...if you click any of the thumbnails in the recent portrait section of my home page (http://tlbtlb.com/), you can see some of the stuff I've been doing...

Terrie

Rik Bean
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Woo hoo! Hey there, fine sir! So good to "see" ya again! :)

Thanks, Elyse - I haven't heard that much enthusiasm since the day my kilt got caught in the wind... ;)

And because they've created [whatever], it's sacred or at least "good enough." ;)

Seems we have all experienced the same kind of thing :( . Mind you, I guess all the old typesetters felt the same about DTP, but at least we knew the business and had the training. Perhaps if we studied under Harry Potter we could reverse the trend?

Franca
01-09-2006, 11:48 PM
You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment ;) . (This will only make sense if you saw the TV series, "House of Cards".)Loved it! Ian Richardson was so delightfully evil.

Welcome, Rik! So good to see you here. The house- and pet-sitting gigs sound like fun, and a really excellent way to get out without subjecting yourself to mobs of people. I did pet-sitting for seven years; after the initial meeting I hardly ever saw the human clients any more - just my furry and feathered ones.

Our motorsports PR business has gone off in a bit of a different direction so I'm not doing as much DTP stuff as before, but I do still have occasion to dip into Photoshop for business as well as personal use every now and then.

Don't lose that map to the forum - now that you've found it you must put it on your internet "rounds" for future visits!

Rik Bean
01-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi Franca

Loved it! Ian Richardson was so delightfully evil.

His wife would have been a wonderful Lady Macbeth! The BBC are currently repeating the trilogy, the last part starts this week. It has stood up to the ravages of time very well - even knowing what happens, it's gripping.

Welcome, Rik! So good to see you here. The house- and pet-sitting gigs sound like fun, and a really excellent way to get out without subjecting yourself to mobs of people. I did pet-sitting for seven years; after the initial meeting I hardly ever saw the human clients any more - just my furry and feathered ones.

Thanks. We felt the same about the sitting, I am very happy to be out on a moor in Scotland, I just don't like being in crowds, so sitting isn't stressful - quite the opposite at times, I'm still pining for the German Shepherd we were looking after at Xmas, he was such an exuberant bundle of joyous fur... We haven't met any feathers yet, but we were asked at the interview how we felt about defrosting mice to feed to snakes! To be honest, we hadn't thought about it, but I'd prefer that to letting the snake eat me. ;)

Our motorsports PR business has gone off in a bit of a different direction so I'm not doing as much DTP stuff as before, but I do still have occasion to dip into Photoshop for business as well as personal use every now and then.

Is anyone doing as much DTP? Seems like it's had a short halcyon period before being hoisted on its own petard - or perhaps I'm just feeling cynical?

Don't lose that map to the forum - now that you've found it you must put it on your internet "rounds" for future visits!

It's right there next to the other forums I visit regularly, so beware. :)

ElyseC
01-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Elyse - I haven't heard that much enthusiasm since the day my kilt got caught in the wind... ;) :eek: <snort, giggle>

Seems we have all experienced the same kind of thing :( . Mind you, I guess all the old typesetters felt the same about DTP, but at least we knew the business and had the training. Perhaps if we studied under Harry Potter we could reverse the trend?Well, Harry's American typesetter has weathered it all without missing a beat all these years! You do know, don't you, that our own Brad Walrod, working for Scholastic, the HP series' American publisher, set books 3, 4, 5 and 6? See this thread (http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/showthread.php?postid=10560#poststop) from July. :)

Franca
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm still pining for the German Shepherd we were looking after at Xmas, he was such an exuberant bundle of joyous fur... We haven't met any feathers yet, but we were asked at the interview how we felt about defrosting mice to feed to snakes! To be honest, we hadn't thought about it, but I'd prefer that to letting the snake eat me. ;) I'm glad we have our own exuberant German Shepherds - it would be difficult for me to imagine life without them ... although the day may come when having such large dogs might not be very practical. Sigh.

I love snakes but none of my clients had them. I will say I'd rather defrost mice than have to feed live ones. I had a difficult enough time feeding live crickets to an iguana! Each cricket had to be dipped in vitamin powder before being dropped to certain (if not immediate) death in the terrarium. The iguana was a very cool reptile, though. I have always been fond of reptiles and amphibians.

Is anyone doing as much DTP? Seems like it's had a short halcyon period before being hoisted on its own petard - or perhaps I'm just feeling cynical?I don't know - good question!

It's right there next to the other forums I visit regularly, so beware. :)Am happily forewarned.

Rik Bean
01-10-2006, 11:31 PM
our own Brad Walrod, working for Scholastic, the HP series' American publisher, set books 3, 4, 5 and 6? See this thread (http://www.desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/showthread.php?postid=10560#poststop) from July. :)

I didn't, I shall go take a look forthwith...

BigJohnD
01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi Rik!!!!

Wonderful to hear from you!

I'm sorry to hear the condition continues and about the other misfortunes.

Scotland still draws us, I had a lengthy holdiay in Scotland a couple of years ago. Well, more education and research really. It was such a chore sampling Malt Scotch in Aberlour, The Macallan, Glenfiddich and The Glenlivet. And then over to the islands…

OK, that's me for the past five years - how about all of you? Hmmm....
I married and divorced a woman from Texas. :eek:

My daughter who was suffering badly from epilepsy to the extent that she could no longer attend school had a tumour removed from her brain last Easter, and now is a 100% normally delinquent 18-y-o.

You know how babies wake you up at 4 am? Well she still does it - from the middle of Liverpool demanding a ride home for herself and 3 girlfriends, having spent all their money in clubs and bars.

I'm probably still driving the same car. '98 twin cam Fiat, now with 185K km (115K mi) on the odo. Had it since new.

And still supporting people who can't let PageMaker die…

Love to all in MK.

Franca
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
My daughter who was suffering badly from epilepsy to the extent that she could no longer attend school had a tumour removed from her brain last Easter, and now is a 100% normally delinquent 18-y-o.Oh, now that's excellent news! I knew about the epilepsy but did not know about the surgery nor how successful it was. I expect you don't really mind the mid-night wakeup calls too much as the alternatives could be so much worse. Lots of children don't communicate sufficiently with their parents during their various adolescent rebellion phases so you must have a pretty good relationship with your young "delinquent". Good on you! I'm thrilled she's doing so well.

BigJohnD
01-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks Franca. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is, despite her being totally awkward, moody and demanding.

It was pressure on her brain from the growing tumour beneath her skull. In some ways she was fortunate that the tumour was easily accessible by cutting her skull open. And hopefully it has all been rmoved without any damage to the surrounding brain cells. Well, that's not what I tell her when she wants £100 for a haircut and a holiday in Faliraki!

She's now taking some precautionary medication, and has been seizure free since the op. She's back at college in Yr12 and got a part time job in Superdrug (http://www.superdrug.com/), but she can't take driving lessons until she's been free for over 2 years. Hence Dad's promotion to personal permanently on-call free taxi driver.

Here she is on her 18th birthday last October:

http://bigjohnd.250free.com/helen18/Helen3.jpg

And don't be taken in by the cute looks!!

Franca
01-11-2006, 04:59 PM
And don't be taken in by the cute looks!!Ah, why not? She's adorable, and I don't have to go fetch her at 4:00 am. :D

Mike
01-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi Rik

Good to see you back. I have to admit to being one of those lucky ones whose depression reacted well to medication and throwing in my job. We downsized and moved to mid Wales where I've taken up picture framing and giclee printing for photographers and artists. Much less stressful than teaching in South East England.

Is anyone doing as much DTP? Seems like it's had a short halcyon period before being hoisted on its own petard - or perhaps I'm just feeling cynical?

I still manage one or two days week but I'm only working for one publisher at present. Page rates have plummeted -- whereas I used to get £6 a page I now get £2. Still, the stuff is simpler (novels rather than text books) and some of it is worth reading.

Rik Bean
01-12-2006, 03:13 AM
Hi John

Wonderful to hear from you!

And you, my friend. :)

I'm sorry to hear the condition continues and about the other misfortunes.

There are people worse off, John, and I have many things in my life which are good. My marriage is still intact after 34 years, despite the years of depression, I'm cushioned by a good pension etc. I'd prefer not to have depression, obviously, but I have to remind myself of those who don't have the physical and emotional comforts that I enjoy. As to the subsidence, it's not something I recommend as an experience, but I learnt a lot! ;)

I had a lengthy holdiay in Scotland a couple of years ago. Well, more education and research really. It was such a chore sampling Malt Scotch in Aberlour, The Macallan, Glenfiddich and The Glenlivet. And then over to the islands…

Well, of course, I prefer the view outside, but Speyside is great for whisky-making. I have regularly driven that route for others, as a non-drinker myself. :) Oh, and the best shortbread and black bun also come from Aberlour.

Hmmm....
I married and divorced a woman from Texas. :eek:

Put like that, I'm not sure whether to sympathise or congratulate...

My daughter who was suffering badly from epilepsy to the extent that she could no longer attend school had a tumour removed from her brain last Easter, and now is a 100% normally delinquent 18-y-o.

Now that is good news, I'm really pleased to hear it.

You know how babies wake you up at 4 am? Well she still does it - from the middle of Liverpool demanding a ride home for herself and 3 girlfriends, having spent all their money in clubs and bars.

Ah, the joys of parenthood. ;)

I'm probably still driving the same car. '98 twin cam Fiat, now with 185K km (115K mi) on the odo. Had it since new.

We had to let our last car go in 2003 when the head gasket went. Repair cost was more than the write-off value. Shame, as it was costing us virtually nothing to own beyond running costs. I hate buying new cars, you lose so much money the moment you drive off the forecourt.

And still supporting people who can't let PageMaker die…

I'm so rusty I might be one of them nowadays. ;)

Love to all in MK.

In the biblical sense??? <g,d,r...>

BigJohnD
01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Speyside is great for whisky-making. I have regularly driven that route for others, as a non-drinker myself. You're tempting me!! But it is exciting driving along the whisky trail, from distillery to distillery.

I've had few fun nights in Glasgow too, which is just Liverpool planted further north. And been to the Festival and Tattoo in Edinburgh, which pretends to be superior to Glasgow.

Put like that, I'm not sure whether to sympathise or congratulate... It was congratulations on the marriage and CONGRATULATIONS on the Divorce!

In the biblical sense??? <g,d,r...>Not likely.
BTW, is the concrete cow still grazing in the field?

Rik Bean
01-13-2006, 03:46 AM
You're tempting me!! But it is exciting driving along the whisky trail, from distillery to distillery.

Depending on whether you take the back roads, where it can get very exciting! Me, I like the hairpin near Glenlivet. :)

I've had few fun nights in Glasgow too, which is just Liverpool planted further north. And been to the Festival and Tattoo in Edinburgh, which pretends to be superior to Glasgow.

You missed out going to the World Pipe Band Championships - I can't think why... Every time I go to the Tattoo, it rains - there must be some dry nights, just never seen one. Curious thing about the Edinburgh/Glasgow axis, in Glasgow the problem is drink, in Edinburgh, it's drugs. Wish I knew why.

It was congratulations on the marriage and CONGRATULATIONS on the Divorce!

Understood. CONGRATULATIONS then. :D

BTW, is the concrete cow still grazing in the field?

Cows, plural, are happy and well - but don't move a lot without assistance!