PDA

View Full Version : Happy Christmas all

LoisWakeman
12-23-2005, 03:32 AM
I am about to click shut the lid on my laptop until the New Year: so all the best to all my friends here.

A happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year from Devon

http://photos.lois.co.uk/oeposts/trees.jpg

ktinkel
12-23-2005, 04:56 AM
I am about to click shut the lid on my laptop until the New Year: so all the best to all my friends here.

A happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year from Devon

http://photos.lois.co.uk/oeposts/trees.jpg
And all the best to you and yours, from another Devon (the part of Milford I actually live in). Your snow is better than mine right now, however — no white Christmas here!

Franca
12-23-2005, 09:57 AM
And to you, Lois! See you in 2006. :-)

Richard Waller
12-23-2005, 10:52 AM
And indeed a Happy Christmas to you (and all of us here) Lois - the photo not taken this year I think?

terrie
12-23-2005, 11:04 AM
A merry...merry to you too and happy solstice too...'-}}

Terrie

annc
12-23-2005, 11:34 AM
And the same to you and your family, Lois. Thank you for the photo. I'll think of it tomorrow when I'm sweltering through Christmas Day in 38ºC+ (100ºF+) heat.

ElyseC
12-23-2005, 11:43 AM
And the same to you and your family, Lois. Thank you for the photo. I'll think of it tomorrow when I'm sweltering through Christmas Day in 38ºC+ (100ºF+) heat.Too hot for me! We're having a most unusual heat wave here, after several weeks with bitterly cold temps way below freezing. Today the high was a very balmy 51ºF! Ice and snow melting like crazy. Woohoo! Husband and son dashed outside today to fill the front yard with a snowman family while they still could, then had a snowball fight afterwards. <g>

terrie
12-23-2005, 11:46 AM
annc: I'll think of it tomorrow when I'm sweltering through Christmas Day in 38ºC+ (100ºF+) heat.Happy Solstice!!!

Normally, I think "spring is coming" on the Solstice but just for you...

It's coming...It's coming...
Winter is coming...

'-}}

Terrie

annc
12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Too hot for me! We're having a most unusual heat wave here, after several weeks with bitterly cold temps way below freezing. Today the high was a very balmy 51ºF! Ice and snow melting like crazy. Woohoo! Husband and son dashed outside today to fill the front yard with a snowman family while they still could, then had a snowball fight afterwards. <g>51ºF? Our coldest nights in the middle of winter don't go more than a couple of degrees below that! :eek:

annc
12-23-2005, 12:05 PM
It's coming...It's coming...
Winter is coming...Thank you, Terrie. I can't wait!

ElyseC
12-23-2005, 12:30 PM
51ºF? Our coldest nights in the middle of winter don't go more than a couple of degrees below that! :eek:Well, geez, after the past two or three weeks, 51F feels like a day in paradise! A muddy day in paradise, but still paradise. <g>

Of course we reach your current temps in summer here and can have them any time from June through September, so it's not like we shiver year round, you see.

terrie
12-23-2005, 12:43 PM
annc: Thank you, Terrie. I can't wait! Same here--except for Spring...'-}}

Terrie

annc
12-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Of course we reach your current temps in summer here and can have them any time from June through September, so it's not like we shiver year round, you see.Of course I realise that, and that you have four seasons. So do we, but they don't bear much relation to yours!

Ours are hot and dry (approximately spring to you), hot and wet (summer), slightly cooler and wet (autumn), cool and dry (winter. Which is usually wonderful, but would be better with more daylight so we could work in the garden).

The temperature here actually rarely goes over 40ºC, but is consistently over 30ºC from September to late March or into April. And the humidity is high from the beginning of the storm season in November until about May or early June.

LoisWakeman
12-28-2005, 12:29 AM
Richard - yes. In November (2005 in case anyone's reading this "next" year). We had about 6" of snow and a cracking sunny day - wonderful!

Patrick Nethercot
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Well, a belated Happy Christmas (still in the 12 days anyway) to all from me.

Ages since I was here, life is just too hectic, various problems along the way but all ticking along at the moment.

Happy New Year to all

(New Year Resolution: to visit here more often!)

ktinkel
12-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, a belated Happy Christmas (still in the 12 days anyway) to all from me. … Happy New Year to all

(New Year Resolution: to visit here more often!)Never too late for good wishes! And happy new year to you, too.

I like your resolution! :)