PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Ann!

Franca
12-19-2005, 10:25 PM
Hope you're having a lovely day! :)

annc
12-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Hope you're having a lovely day! :)Thank you, Franca. It has been a good day, all round. Nice lunch with Bertie, an afternoon nap under a fan, and news that my car has been mended and is ready to be picked up. All of that more than balances out the silly little chestnut mare that ripped her face open for the second time in a couple of weeks. We can't find what she's doing it on, but the paddock she's in does have a lot of trees, and the insects are bad at the moment. She gets wiped down with Brute every seven days (the minimum interval) but still seems to be itchy. None of the other horses are, of course, because they're all easy to catch and treat!

ktinkel
12-20-2005, 05:01 AM
Thank you, Franca. It has been a good day, all round.Not bad, except for the horse of course. Happy birthday!

annc
12-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Not bad, except for the horse of course. Happy birthday!Thank you. It was fairly pleasant overall. Not even disgustingly hot!

terrie
12-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

Have you tried a fly mask on ms. mare??? Might help?

Terrie

annc
12-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

Have you tried a fly mask on ms. mare??? Might help?Thanks for the birthday wishes, Terrie. I have obviously considered a fly mask, but the paddock is heavily-timbered in places, and I don't consider them safe in such circumstances. (Or halters, or hoods, for that matter.) She's already a 'nightmare' horse because of bad treatment around the head in the past, and I really can't do anything that could cause further physical or emotional trauma in the event that she got it caught on something. Even now, after 14 years, i cannot catch her in a big paddock, and when I do catch her in a yard, she tenses up as I pass the strap behind her ears. The other day I had to catch her under a tree, and she threw herself over backwards when the strap touched a branch on the tree as I was passing it across. And no, I can't do it up loosely first and take it over her ears. Such a shame she was treated like that – she is a lovely type of a mare, by an imported Arabian out of a pony mare. At 28, I have given up all hope of gaining her full confidence, although once I have her caught, she is really easy to do anything with except rasping her teeth. She is totally dangerous then, even sedated and in a crush. Poor Jamie.

terrie
12-22-2005, 01:49 PM
annc: Poor Jamie.Poor baby! What a nightmare--for both of you...

Terrie

ElyseC
12-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh dear! Poor horse! Spread your birthday celebrations over a few days to compensate a bit.

annc
12-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh dear! Poor horse! Spread your birthday celebrations over a few days to compensate a bit.Well, it's getting a bit late for that, s it's already the 23rd, and Christmas is two sleeps away.

ElyseC
12-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, it's getting a bit late for that, s it's already the 23rd, and Christmas is two sleeps away.Ok, so pick it up and party after the 25th. Any excuse to play. <g>