PDA

View Full Version : Free snowflake font from P22

ktinkel
12-15-2005, 11:14 AM
This month’s free font from P22 is a collection of snowflake dingbats (http://www.p22.com/free/snow.html), available for Mac and Windows (see attachment).

They also have a page explaining how you can make your own snowflakes (http://www.p22.com/tip/tipdec02.html) from fonts in your library.

Very timely, I must say (for some of us, anyway)!

rakman4
12-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Hmmm... nice, but not too useful for those of use whose computers didn't come with a Classic OS installed.

ktinkel
12-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Hmmm... nice, but not too useful for those of use whose computers didn't come with a Classic OS installed.Why not? You can use Type 1 fonts in OS X. Or download the Windows font — that works in OS X as well.

Franca
12-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Didn't P22 do this last year also? (Please say 'yes' or I'll be questioning my sanity again.)

ktinkel
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Didn't P22 do this last year also? (Please say 'yes' or I'll be questioning my sanity again.)I do not know, and nothing at the web site (that I could find) said anything about it.

But they have had font promotions in the past. Maybe Terrie — our repository of P22 lore — will know.

annc
12-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Didn't P22 do this last year also? (Please say 'yes' or I'll be questioning my sanity again.)Yes, they did. You are not losing your sanity.

ktinkel
12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Yes, they did. You are not losing your sanity.And good thing you still have your memory! <g>

annc
12-16-2005, 12:06 PM
And good thing you still have your memory! <g>No, my memory is shot. That's why I keep all my old e-mails. took a little finding, because P22 have changed their method of distributing information in the meantime.

ktinkel
12-16-2005, 12:34 PM
No, my memory is shot. That's why I keep all my old e-mails. took a little finding, because P22 have changed their method of distributing information in the meantime.Oh, shoot. Shouldn’t have fessed up; we would all think you were a memory whiz!

annc
12-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Oh, shoot. Shouldn’t have fessed up; we would all think you were a memory whiz!But you all know already that my memory is hopeless! Wildly variable, sometimes inaccurate, and full of holes...

ktinkel
12-16-2005, 01:11 PM
But you all know already that my memory is hopeless! Wildly variable, sometimes inaccurate, and full of holes...Never! I always rely on you. It may be your databases, but whatever it is …

annc
12-16-2005, 01:12 PM
Never! I always rely on you. It may be your databases, but whatever it is …It's why I have databases, and why I keep every e-mail that isn't obviously spam, and why I have a Palm, and...

rakman4
12-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Ah, yes. You can use Type 1 fonts in OS X. I have plenty of them installed. But you can't use Classic extractors to extract them. Unless you have Classic installed, etc.

Yo, another shout out to Beethoven.

ktinkel
12-17-2005, 05:18 AM
But you can't use Classic extractors to extract [T1 fonts]. Unless you have Classic installed, etc.Oh — gotcha.

Franca
12-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I also keep nearly every e-mail that isn't spam. Many a time Eudora has helped me search for some tidbit of info I was sure I'd received in some e-mail or other. Without the ability to search, though, saving all that mail would be ridiculous. No matter how carefully I try to file I still have trouble finding specific e-mails without her help.

annc
12-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Without the ability to search, though, saving all that mail would be ridiculous. No matter how carefully I try to file I still have trouble finding specific e-mails without her help.Oh, indeed! And friends who change e-mail addresses don't help. Or type foundries, either! That's why it took me so long to find that e-mail. http://desktoppublishingforum.com/bb/images/smilies/wink.gif

dthomsen8
12-18-2005, 07:01 AM
I have installed the font in Win XP, and now I have put some snowflakes into a Word document and done a screen capture at 72 point size. Now for PSP to make them into transparent GIF images for use in a web site. A long path, but fun.

This month’s free font from P22 is a collection of snowflake dingbats (http://www.p22.com/free/snow.html), available for Mac and Windows (see attachment).

They also have a page explaining how you can make your own snowflakes (http://www.p22.com/tip/tipdec02.html) from fonts in your library.

Very timely, I must say (for some of us, anyway)!

ktinkel
12-18-2005, 07:14 AM
… make them into transparent GIF images for use in a web site.Glad you find them useful. Have to show us when you’re done.

iamback
12-18-2005, 07:27 AM
I have installed the font in Win XP, and now I have put some snowflakes into a Word document and done a screen capture at 72 point size. Now for PSP to make them into transparent GIF images for use in a web site. A long path, but fun. Why not shorten the path? If the font is installed, simply use PSP's text tool to draw them. You could even draw each of them (as a vector) in a separate layer and save as a PSP file so you can always convert each picture to any size and color you want without needing to re-select the font and character. No need to mix Word in there.

dthomsen8
12-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Here are three transparent background GIF snowflakes.

ktinkel
12-19-2005, 05:59 AM
Here are three transparent background GIF snowflakes.Very pretty!