PDA

View Full Version : I like the Google Bar

Richard Waller
11-22-2005, 11:28 PM
During the day it is so easy just to nip in and check the Google Bar for the places and things that come up in the book I am reading.What did we do without it?

Tell me. How come I have now got a Yahoo bar as well? I don't think I asked for it.

Kelvyn
11-23-2005, 12:16 AM
How come I have now got a Yahoo bar as well? I don't think I asked for it.

Dick, my children used to find such things installed because of their habit of aimless browsing and following links to see what happened, and also because they kept installing screensavers and other programs found on the 'net. I stopped this by ensuring that they only browse with Firefox and tightened up the security on their systems.

The Yahoo toolbar seems to be included in quite a few software utilities these days, as I have often seen a little window asking if I want to install it while I am loading something else. Of course, (so far) it does not invade Firefox.

iamback
11-23-2005, 03:02 AM
During the day it is so easy just to nip in and check the Google Bar for the places and things that come up in the book I am reading.What did we do without it?
Use Mozilla. ;) Just type the seach terms into the address field, press down, press enter. No extra screen estate either (and still better than Firefox's implementation).

BigJohnD
11-23-2005, 03:40 PM
During the day it is so easy just to nip in and check the Google Bar… You are talking about 24hr licensing???;)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4464284.stm