PDA

View Full Version : Font Color

Kalliope
11-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Font color is not printing: Mac G5, InDesign, Canon Color Copier. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

ktinkel
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Font color is not printing: Mac G5, InDesign, Canon Color Copier. What am I doing wrong? :confused:This is a multifunction printer/copier, right? Are you making a copy or printing to the copier directly from your Mac?

Do other things on the page print in that color? Can you print anything in that color on the Canon from any other application?

Does the font show up in the right color on the screen? If you make a PDF, is the color still there?

Are you using an up-to-date printer driver?

Let us know these details, and I believe we can help you figure this out.

:)

Kalliope
11-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes, it is a multi-function (i think there is a bread machine in there) and I am printing directly to the copier. There is an image that does show up in color on the printed page and the font does show up in the correct color on my screen. I believe I am using an up-to-date driver (The County IT guy installed). This Color Copier is new and sometimes the font will print in color and other times just in black (the same text). What do you think?

ktinkel
11-15-2005, 11:38 AM
… sometimes the font will print in color and other times just in black (the same text). What do you think?Are these inconsistent results always with InDesign?

Or does ID fail to print colored type all the time, while some other application succeeds?

Will ID print a rectangle filled with that same color, placed on the same page as the type, but not print the type correctly?

I’m trying to figure out what the problem is: An ID/color problem? An ID/color/font problem? An intermittent problem with any sort of element in any application? Knowing that would help a lot.