PDA

View Full Version : DTL face

Norman Hathaway
02-09-2005, 09:16 AM
New typeface from the Dutch Type Library by Erhard Kaiser named Prokyon. I LOVE IT.

ElyseC
02-09-2005, 09:38 AM
New typeface from the Dutch Type Library by Erhard Kaiser named Prokyon. I LOVE IT.
Ooo! It is very nice! Would work well, I think, for architectural signage, but also for product packaging and labeling, my primary focus.

Thanks for posting that!

Now...how or where do we go if we want to buy it, I wonder? If the info is in that PDF presentation, I don't know it, because I don't speak Dutch (or whatever it is).

Norman Hathaway
02-09-2005, 09:43 AM
http://www.dutchtypelibrary.com/Media/DTL_Fonts/enter.html

ElyseC
02-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks, Norman!

Hm...a bit too steep for me, alas.

annc
02-09-2005, 11:53 AM
New typeface from the Dutch Type Library by Erhard Kaiser named Prokyon. I LOVE IT.Great presentation, and a very nice face. It's not often we see a complete set like that for a sans face.

One thing. When I first saw it, I loved the lower case g. By the end of the presentation, I was wondering how long I would continue to like it.

Norman Hathaway
02-09-2005, 12:58 PM
forever!

annc
02-09-2005, 01:09 PM
forever!Well, if the face becomes super popular, that g is going to be a really good way of identifying it.

Franca
02-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Great presentation, and a very nice face. It's not often we see a complete set like that for a sans face.

One thing. When I first saw it, I loved the lower case g. By the end of the presentation, I was wondering how long I would continue to like it.I like the g but would have made it very slightly differently myself. I'd like to see the lower case j, but maybe that's not possible. Can't find one, anyway.

annc
02-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I like the g but would have made it very slightly differently myself. I'd like to see the lower case j, but maybe that's not possible. Can't find one, anyway.Hmm, it has a very complete set of characters, including the lower case j. Did you go through the entire presentation?

I like the lower case j very much, and also the upper case R.

Franca
02-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Hmm, it has a very complete set of characters, including the lower case j. Did you go through the entire presentation?

I like the lower case j very much, and also the upper case R.Oops, silly me. Thanks for prodding me to look further! OK, it's only the italic lowercase g that seems a bit odd to me.

Norman Hathaway
02-10-2005, 07:09 AM
The italic lc A and the numeral 4 should win Pullitzer prize.