PDA

View Full Version : De-activating FontAgent Pro (10.4.2)

okulcz
10-19-2005, 08:39 AM
hi there I am stuck - I am trying to work on some Quark 6 files and when I try to open thm FontAgent pro kicks in - I want Suitcase to do this - and I thought that I deleted all fontagent files, but it still kicks in.
thanks
oksana

ktinkel
10-19-2005, 10:42 AM
I am trying to work on some Quark 6 files and when I try to open thm FontAgent pro kicks in - I want Suitcase to do this - and I thought that I deleted all fontagent files, but it still kicks in.
Sounds as if you did not actually delete all the Font Agent Pro files. The program sprinkles itself all over the place!

You may or may not find all these folders and files exactly as described.

From the main root directory:

Applications: Delete the FontAgent Pro 3.0 (or whatever version) folder (containing the app and 4 other files).
Library > Application Support: Delete FontAgent Pro (a folder, containing 4 files).
From your User Library:

From Preferences: com.insidersoftware.enableautoactivation; com.insidersoftware.fontagentpro.fontmanager.plist .
From Application Support (or maybe just loose in the User folder): FontAgent Pro (contains the FA database).
From the Users folder: FontAgent Pro Fonts (and the font collection within, though you might want to keep those somewhere else for reference).
Perhaps that will help. I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled the software, so it is possible that some files are in odd places in my setup. But you could search for the files/folders by name if you do not find them where I said they should be!

okulcz
10-19-2005, 11:58 AM
hi there
thank you so much for your help - I went thru all that you listed and it was all clean - the only place that I can find related files is in the quark 6 directory - they are:
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.rsrc
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.xnt
I cannot get rid of these files, I get the message

The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient priviledges for Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.rsrc (and I get the same message for each file
thanks
oksana

ktinkel
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
the only place that I can find related files is in the quark 6 directory - they are:
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.rsrc
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6
Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.xnt

I cannot get rid of these files, I get the message

The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient priviledges for Fontagent Pro for Xpress 6.rsrc (and I get the same message for each fileAre you the administrator for your Mac? If so, you may be able to change the privileges in the GetInfo (Command-I) for each file.

If not, you need to ask your administrator to try.

See if that works.

okulcz
10-19-2005, 12:26 PM
hi there

yes, I am administrator, but I cannot access this
should re-installing quark be an option?

thanks
oksana

ktinkel
10-19-2005, 12:35 PM
yes, I am administrator, but I cannot access this
should re-installing quark be an option?Maybe, if you first successfully uninstall the old files.

I’m getting in over my head, but hard to see that you would do much harm by uninstalling XPress and reinstalling it (except for the time it takes).

Let us know if that works.

okulcz
10-19-2005, 01:09 PM
hi
wonder if there would be any other way to try to have suitcase over-ride fontagent? or any other options before I re-install? any thoughts?
thanks
oksana

ktinkel
10-19-2005, 01:23 PM
wonder if there would be any other way to try to have suitcase over-ride fontagent? or any other options before I re-install? any thoughts?I believe you should be able to change permissions on those files, and that would solve your problems.

What prevents you from changing them? Is the file locked (with a check in the box in the General portion of the Get Info window for the file)? If so, you need to unlock it before going further.

Then, in the Get Info window, when you scroll down to Ownership & Permissions and click on the little triangle to show the details, what do you see?

You may see a small padlock next to some entry there. What happens if you click on it? You may be asked for your admin password, but then the lock should open.

If so, then you should be able to change the permissions so you can throw out those files. At least I’m pretty sure that is how it should work.