PDA

View Full Version : Similar to Britannic?

marlene
10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Quick! What's similar to Britannic?

I need to mutilate a PDF that was created by someone else, and I don't have one of the fonts (Britannic). I don't want to buy it just to use for a couple of pages, and the client will NOT notice the difference if I replace it with something similar.

I've got lots of Adobe and Bitstreams. Must be something similar in here somewhere ...

Suggestions?

mxh

annc
10-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Quick! What's similar to Britannic?

I need to mutilate a PDF that was created by someone else, and I don't have one of the fonts (Britannic).Ooh, that's a hard one; most sans don't have that variation in weight.

You need to have these panics before KT goes to bed. ;)

marlene
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
I found a knockoff of Britannic -- a free TT font called Grenoble. Didn't look very well drawn, but I knew my client wouldn't notice the difference.

But I threw in the towel on the PDF job anyway. It was going to take way too much time, and I'm already working 7 days a week, most nights until 2 or 3 a.m.

I actually got an e-mail from a client last night at 12:41 a.m., and I suspect she knew I'd still be at the computer. <g>

mxh

Gerry Kowarsky
10-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Grenoble is also the name for the Britannic knockoff from Softmaker (on the Megafont CD) and B&P Graphics (in the Serials Collection CD). I would guess that both come from the same URW outlines.