PDA

View Full Version : Web Site Testimony Font

dthomsen8
09-13-2005, 08:04 AM
A client has provided a testimony from one of her customers, and asked me to put it up, perhaps with a script font instead of the fonts now in use on her site.

Any suggestions about a script font? What should or will the default be if the user doesn't have a script font? I am not so keen on a script font, myself.

donmcc
09-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I would stay away from a script. As you note, there is much less of a fall-back on script fonts compared to serif, sans, or fixed styles, and some browsers might even bring up something weird like Symbol as the default.

Perhaps printing the testimonial in italic will satisfy the client. (That said, I find large blocks of italic hard to read online, especially serif. Just don't let the font size get too small.)

Don McCahill

jgr
09-13-2005, 05:30 PM
A client has provided a testimony from one of her customers, and asked me to put it up, perhaps with a script font instead of the fonts now in use on her site.

Any suggestions about a script font? What should or will the default be if the user doesn't have a script font? I am not so keen on a script font, myself.I agree 100% with Don: use italics and keep the font size up. The hitch with script fonts is simple: not everybody has 'em and not everybody has the same thing. Italic, OTOH, is a safe bet for everybody.