PDA

View Full Version : Book Dust Jackets

Andrew B.
10-02-2020, 08:22 PM
How do deal with book dust jackets?

I try to leave them on the book, but the problem is the book slides around inside the jacket as I turn pages or change the way I hold the book. I tried taking them off while reading, but then I'd forget to put them back on, and it was one more annoyance to deal with. Or, I could just trash the dust jackets but that seems all wrong.

What do you do?

terrie
10-03-2020, 11:36 AM
andrew: What do you do? Paperbacks...'-}}

Take the jacket off and put it around/in/near whatever book you will be reading next to remind you to put the jacket back on?

Terrie

Andrew B.
10-03-2020, 11:38 AM
Paperbacks...'-}}

That's cheating! :-)

terrie
10-04-2020, 12:43 PM
ROFL!!!!

Yeah...but, I've generally preferred paperbound over hardbound...

Terrie

Andrew B.
10-04-2020, 01:07 PM
I prefer paperbacks when I can get them. Easier to hold and read.

terrie
10-05-2020, 10:36 AM
andrew: Easier to hold and read. Exactly....'-}}

Terrie

Steve Rindsberg
10-06-2020, 01:21 PM
As one of the songs in Irma la Douce pointed out, It's only a crime if you're caught.

Steve Rindsberg
10-06-2020, 01:25 PM
Same here. But unless the book's got graphics, I also like the Kindle version.
I usually use the iPad mini to read 'em, but I can read the same books on the iPhone if I'm stuck waiting someplace. And it's not nearly the horrible experience you might think it is. You just have to flip pages way more often. ;-)

terrie
10-06-2020, 03:06 PM
steve: I also like the Kindle version.No...no...no...no--for me, personally, it's the tactile book I want and need and I doubt that I will ever (really, ever) read books digitially.

Besides...I find them creepy because who knows what amz does with your kindle data???

That's me...luddite to the core...sorta...'-}}

Terrie

Steve Rindsberg
10-07-2020, 01:40 PM
Horses for courses, as they say. De gustibus non est disputandum. I like both.

As to the kindle data? <shrug> I got too many other datathings to stress over, ya know?

>> That's me...luddite to the core...sorta...'-}}

Me too, but only on one or two of the cores.

Andrew B.
10-07-2020, 08:42 PM
Exactly....'-}}

Only problem is, my hardback books don't come in paperback.

But, I sort of solved the dust jacket problem. I decided to throw them out. But because I'm procrastinating they are still on. But now I don't worry about making sure I don't scrunch them, I ignore them.

terrie
10-08-2020, 11:40 AM
steve: Me too, but only on one or two of the cores. LOL!!! '-}

Terrie

terrie
10-08-2020, 11:41 AM
andrew: I ignore them. That works too...'-}}

What sort of books are we talking about (no paperbound edition)? I suspect non-fiction, textbook-like books?

Terrie

Andrew B.
10-08-2020, 02:28 PM
are we talking about (no paperbound edition)? I suspect non-fiction, textbook-like books?

Yup

terrie
10-09-2020, 11:25 AM
I always like it when I guess correctly...'-}}

Terrie